Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nitrious

terryc

Have been thinking about nitrious for a while now and finnaly have the cash for it, has any body ever fitted it to an ST202 and if so what size jets should i go for, someone told me 100BPH jrets would be fine in it but i dont want to blow the engine, would 50 or 75 BHP jets be better?

Terry,

This question is better suited to www.celica-club.co.uk

A few people there have done it along with supercharging the ST202. They seem a little more active on this kind of thing and there is a bigger pool of knowledge.

i've had nitrous on my celica st182 for over a year now. would'nt go over 75 bhp though without strengthening the engine. B)

Did the FSE power boost valve make much difference and did you have to get it set up by someone after fitting.

The boost valve helped by allowing more fuel to be mixed with the nitrous so eliminating any flatspots when running 75bhp jets.

my main toyota dealer fitted for me & set up the fuelling, you can increase or decrease the fuel pressure with the valve.

Anyone know a place in Berkshire, preff near to Reading that can refill NOS? And at a good price?

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

50bhp should be ok, 100 bhp will be ok as long as it has a progressive controller i would have thought so it doesn't naff the engine. the low revs are where the problems are, if you don't have a progressive control then you get the same amount of nos at low revs as you do for high, so more heat and more strain on the engine. seek some good advice, wizards of noz are pretty good.

from what i have read int he past i wouldn't go over 75hp, on a stock engien even with the extra fuel being able to enter the engine.

Nezza B)

using NOS is cheating proper tuning can give you the power all the time not just as long as the bottle lasts (not very long if you use it a lot)

just my opinion :D

Love the way track guys call NOS cheating.I don't think so and when my conversion is done it will be a twin bottle set up i'm going for.

SOZ LEE!!! I will be going for a wizard of nos kit again.

Remember NOS is a brand name ;)

You also need to start with 25bhp jets and work your way up, just to get the fuelling correct.

Also worth considering if your fuel pump will cope with running the extra fuel (thats if you go with a wet system), they also recommend no higher than 75bhp jets without a progressive controller or a strenghtend bottom end.

Also if your car is turbo charged you get the double whammy effect of the nitrous cooling the charge air, so a 50bhp shot equates to nearly 75bhp.

Dont think you can really call it cheating, i mean, when youve done everything possible to an engine whats left to give you more power??

It maybe at TOTB2, if not your see it soon, 900brake mkiv soop with an extra 200bhp of nitrous :D

I agree, i wouldn't really call it cheating as far as tuning goes. Being that i own an ST202 and do not have the benifit of a turbo charger without spending a bucket load of cash the tuning side is a bit poor and you dont get that much power for your dosh. I think nitrous is more of an aid as the engine can run stock until you need it and then you get that big surge of power when needed albeit until the bottle runs out. Any body know who does refils in the South east, Farnborough , Reading etc..

you can use nos to pre-boost turbo, thus eliminating lag. the turbo then becomes more effective especially for drag situations. turbos can produce more torque and bhp than a supercharger, but superchargers provide boost all the time. of course big naturally aspirated engines i wreckon are the dogs nuts, but lagless turbo is something i'm planning to try!

Any body know who does refils in the South east, Farnborough , Reading etc..

There is a great place in Southampton, not to far for you. They also install nitrous and superchargers!

Japspeed Racing