Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Probs With My Rev1

spinout_mr2

hi their im new to this forum just like to say how freindly everyone is, ive had my rev1 turbo for a few monrths and its a blinding car but ive got a major prob, when you go to pull away it cuts off and when you do get going it jerks forwards and backwards ive had new dizzy cap and rotor arm, new plugs and magnecor leads but it still seams to do it. its a the point where i can no longer drive it, im going mad. any suggestions??

hi their im new to this forum just like to say how freindly everyone is, ive had my rev1 turbo for a few monrths and its a blinding car but ive got a major prob, when you go to pull away it cuts off and when you do get going it jerks forwards and backwards ive had new dizzy cap and rotor arm, new plugs and magnecor leads but it still seams to do it. its a the point where i can no longer drive it, im going mad. any suggestions??

Firstly welcome to the club. Glad to hear you like your car.

Can I ask if you're running an after market BOV? Rev 1 & 2's seem to have problems with these.

Joe

Sounds more like and air / fuel problem if its happening before boost !

Although i suspose if a BOV was lodged open ! ;)

Same as te other guys, but check for air leaks etc in the hoses. Shouldn't be to much to put right.

thanks for the welcome. im not running any kind of bov or owt its also running standard boost aswell, its off to a garage tomorow, gutted i cant come to jae in it, still goin though no need to miss out.

sorted the problem, fuel contamination, water in the fuel. knackered the pump and i mite need a tank yet aswell. gonna be a 400 quid job?? still get it back in a few days so all should be well. thanks for the help

sorted the problem, fuel contamination, water in the fuel. knackered the pump and i mite need a tank yet aswell. gonna be a 400 quid job?? still get it back in a few days so all should be well. thanks for the help

Why would you need a new tank? :huh:

Unless the contaminated fuel had been in there for months (fuel tank may rust from the inside), the tank would be fine! Don't be conned mate. :ffs:

i know. ive seen this happen before. he said it was moisture in the tank, its been stood for a while and it rusted from the inside. all systems go now though so it should be back in my possesion soon