Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi

T600

Hi. Just signed up for the TOC forums having been a member of the LOC for a year.

Although the Lexus (IS 200) is probably the best all round car I've ever had, I was missing the thrill of open air motoring so have just purchased an 1994 MR2 Mk 2 T-Bar so the Lexus has to go.

I'll be sorry to part with the IS, but I'm looking forward to the arrival of the T-Bar (tomorrow I hope :D) as it's a car that I've wanted to own for a very long time.

Hopefully see some of you at JAE at the weekend.

Tony

Welcome chap!

Hope your MR2 will bring you much fun and look out for me at JAE.. drunk guy leaning on purple MR2..

What stand are you on?

Thanks for the welcom JappyBeast. Nice car you have there; I like the look with the plate moved down.

I have registered to be on the LOC stand, but if weather is nice I will want to use the T-Bar so probably will be in the public car park.

But I'll be having a good look at all the Toyotas. G/F has decided we're going cycling on Saturday, so I will probably find you guys some time on the Sunday when you are all recovering from your excesses of Saturday night. Have fun.

Cheers, T

thought people would go from mr2 to lexus!!

Hi houston and ricomr2, thanks for the welcome.

You're right, not got it yet. I have a couple of pics, though it looks a bit pink here. It's red, honest!

1994-MR2-TBar.jpg

Houston, I guess that's what Toyota are thinking too. I just like to try different cars and liked the Lexus from way back. We had a Celica 190 before the Lex, and G/F still has an N reg Corolla that we bought new and haven't had any problems with in 10 years. When we bought that I liked the MR2 but couldn't afford it at the time, so very pleased to finally get my grubby mits on one.

T

Got any mods planned?

I'm in two minds on that.

On the one hand I think I might leave it standard - I think there's something unusual about it being 11 years old and absolutely standard. It only has 25K on the clock which equates to less than 2,500 pa so with some more of the TLC that it has been used to it could be one of the best examples of the unmodified car and I think that's worth something.

However, I see some of the mods that you guys have done and think wow!

At the moment I'm thinking that keeping it looking standard but upgrading the alarm and ICE would be a good compromise; especially if I can keep the original kit so that it can be restored to standard when it's a bit older.

T

I wanted to follow that plan when I bought my MR2, faught off the modding demons for as long as I could and I went pop!

I know. It's sooo tempting. I might move the plate down as that really enhances the bonnet line, but once I start, who knows what it might lead to :-)

T

Moving ur plate is a good cheap mod but it leaves holes inthe nose that need filling and painting... after I got the mod done on my old front..

andyandhistwo.jpg

Hiya, Welcome to TOC :)

Looks like a great car you're getting, I want one :P

Blue

ah good times, good times!

Welcome aboard buddy. I dont think it'l be long before you catch the bug and start modding your 2 also!

Hope you have tons of fun with it in the meantime tho, its a good car as im sure you've no doubt experienced already :D

-Z

Welcome to this side of the TOC/LOC pool... :yes::thumbsup:

Thats looks a stunner mate.. all i did was change the rims and put clear corners on the front and it transforms the whole look of the car!

This way its just as easy to replace it back to standard.. :thumbsup:

Catch you at JAE no doubt.. happy motoring mate! :thumbsup:

Hi - thanks for the welcome all of you.

JappyBeast - I saw that pic of yours with its front plate moved - that's what made me think about doing that to mine - looks great.

Fizz - yes, I might change the rims too - not surprisingly the existing ones are showing a little bit of corrosion. Like you say, they are dead easy to put back on, though I would need to store them somewhere.

Tegan - yes, 1 very careful owner & 25,000 miles fully documented by all receitpts from full Toyota service history, all the old MOT certificates etc, etc. I'm well pleased.

T

Moving ur plate is a good cheap mod but it leaves holes inthe nose that need filling and painting... after I got the mod done on my old front..

andyandhistwo.jpg

and you started a thread about gaylookin pink shirts? !Removed! hypocrit :P

looks like one of those ones that changed colour when you were hot

Finally got the car on Friday. Spend most of today driving, cleaning, and trying to sort out the code for the Stereo which was locked out.

Drive is looking a bit red at the moment :)

Red-Toyotas-And-Lexus-Picture.jpg