Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Didnt Know It Could Be Done..

JappyBeast

I was walking up a street on sunday (very rare) and a young guy in an MR2 was pulling a Jet Ski on a trailer.. proper tow bar and everything. He was sitting on 17's, lowered, it looked mental.

Might go looking for a 4 birth caravan now!!!! :P :P

mr2 is a great car for towing as well! all weight on rear drice wheels, pull owt! you can get towbars where the 'end' (dunno proper name) can be taken off so it dont look as bad

and why a 4 berth caravan when your car only has 2 seats?

I bought a 5 man tent for me and Laura for the space!.. so a 4 berth must be like a castle for 2 peeps!

Where does the towbar fit as the engine is in the back?

have seen this before, must be a !Removed! on fuel though!! how much is a towbar anyway?

Thing is, for a long time I have done the joke about MR2's with towbars and they exist..

I bought a 5 man tent for me and Laura for the space!.. so a 4 berth must be like a castle for 2 peeps!

Where does the towbar fit as the engine is in the back?

engine is in the middle, i can only assume they attatche to the underside of the boot, where the heatshield is, or perhaps theres a place underneath the back bumper?

Think there has to be a longer area for it to attach,

wonder if it curves under the sump/zorst?

wouldnt go up that far! could attatch to rear axle, but a chassis attatchment seems to make more sense.

it says in some of the mr2 handbooks that your not supposed to tow anything with the car.

I saw it in Jim's but i don't think its in mine... Don't know why though??

But if you had a minor rear shunt with the towbar on it would destroy the underside of the car.

turbo, no turbo car (cept diesel) is supposed to tow anything, causes engine wear!

amazing the things you learn at work, hear all kinds of crap!

But if you had a minor rear shunt with the towbar on it would destroy the underside of the car.

opposite if youve got a good attatchment point, makes your car more likely to survive, never tail a car with a tow bar

But it has to be a good attachment point and looking at the underside of the MR2 I cant see any!

youd be surprised what a good welder could make up! all he (or she :D ) needs is a strong point, next time you see this 2, get underneath and have a look

Sorry guy's i must put an end to this now.

If you own an MR2 you do not under any circumstance have the need or desire for towing anything.

if you are thinking about it go and buy a volvo. - :help:

VERY VERY UN COOL - P.S there is one for sale on autotrader it's red with the un-holy tow bar.

Anyone know if Toyota have one?

Toyota did do one as an option - I've a UK rev3 brochure, it's in there :)

I'll see if I can scan it later...