Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Turbo Alternative?

Phil Jackson

In a move that seems to completely contradict Toyotas cowardly decision not to bring the 'embarrasing' Yaris Turbo to the UK, sister company Daihatsu plug the hole in the market with...the YRV Turbo 130! And according to Auto Express, its not that bad! 127bhp, 0-60 in 8.1, group 8 (yes, eight!) insurance, dodgy bodykit & graphics, hmm interesting! :P And it probably has the yaris 1.3 engine in it? Just goes to show that Daihatsu has absolutely no problem with a car like this, whereas Toyota has. Opinions....

Hey i got to admit it doesn't look to bad. And it's a cheap price to pay to get you into a turbo car. Shame that it's a auto box?

jerry!!

hi

I also i think that the yrv Turbo has the same suspension set-up as the standard yrv

This will also cause problems in the old handling dept. i'd imagine.

I believe the YRV is based on the yaris. Daihatsu also makes some engines in the Yaris range.

It should be possible to put in Yaris suspension mods to the YRV and we might have another interesting car on the road.

Conversely, transfer YRV turbo components to a Yaris....after all, its the 2NZ engine

Daihatsu also used the 1.3 Yaris engine in the Curore performance model last year. That was a standard engine with better breathing and ECU. That bragged of a sub 9sec 0-60.

I read that both the Curore and YRV sound very strained and the handling is plop.

The build is very nasty too.

Sounds familier I used to have a charade GTti same sorta thing and pretty boring looking but by god did it go, someones gonna have a lotta fun in those

:D :D :D

• 1 month later...
And it probably has the yaris 1.3 engine in it? Just goes to show that Daihatsu has absolutely no problem with a car like this, whereas Toyota has. Opinions....
Conversely, transfer YRV turbo components to a Yaris....after all, its the 2NZ engine

Are you guys preety sure tthat YRV uses Yaris 1.3 engine (2NZ) ????

cause I`m not. Just look at the data.

2NZ ( BORE x STROKE 75 x 73.5 ) and the K3VE / K3VET is 72 x 79.7

K3VE is YRV 1.3 N/A engine, and K3VET is a turbocharged version of K3VE.

By the way, try to find out what turbo sits in K3VET if you can???