Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Box....

LIAM.MCGLOIN

I am looking to install a tuning box in my Avensis.would like to know from anyone who has installed one.performance differences.!fuel differences.! how much they cost?

..My Car....

They are usually for diesels. they piggy back the ecu.change the preassure on the fuel regulator or something to this effect.suppose to be just a matter of plugging them in.It for my D4D.

The guy to talk to is John Barker of Tunit in Lancashire, they have dealers all over who can fit. Go to www.Tunit.co.uk to find the nearest dealer to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've fitted a box from powerklick in mine. Torque is remarkably better and HP also better, but only relevant for topspeed

Do have problems with it though - at speeds around 140 km/h and decellerating in gear, causes the car to jump into safe-mode, meaning loss of all power, I have absolutely no idea as to why.

Restarting engine gets the car out of safe-mode, but management lights stays on.

I have a Tunit fitted to my 52/2003 Avensis D4D, and its about 140bhp now, with an equivalent increase in torque. It does seem the D4D is quite sensitive to tuning. Luckily I live quite near Tunit HQ in Chorley, and they set the parameters on my box to compensate for the engines sensitivity. I think to get it perfect for your particular car and not cause it to go into limp home mode takes a little bit of tweaking once it is installed. I would recommend it though, I have an increase of about 5mpg, plus easily enough power to give the latest 138Tdi offerings from VW/Audi a run for their money.

The company I've bought mine at, is also offering to tweak it - so I'll get it sortet out at some point, only problem being that I am not living near by them

Haven't gotten a better mpg out of it yet, but have also only been driving it on holiday through germany till now, so we will see when I have completed a normal tank :-)

I maxed at 205 km/h according to GPS btw. A friend in his tuned Picnic 2.2 TD 136hp had no chance at all and another friends Carina E 2.0 had no advantage until we hit 170 km/h. This is on 18" and fully packed - I'm satisfied :D