Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrap G6r Or G6(disc Brakes All Round Version)

Toyodaman

Hey all,

Ive a problem with the ABS controller on my G6R, its pretty expensive to replace new so I'm gonna have to source it second hand, trouble is they only made 420 G6R's so chances of finding one second hand off a G6R is unlikely, my only hope is that the same unit was (I think) installed in the latter G6's- the disc brakes allround version.

So if anyone knows where I could find either of the two second hand or any other Toyota model with the same part I would appreciate it greately.

Thanks

My corolla (facelifted SR) has ABS but dont know if it will be the same controller mate!?

Didnt know the G6 had ABS/Discs all round? thought it was just the G6R...and the facelifted model...

Jones32 Posted Today, 07:49 PM

Didnt know the G6 had ABS/Discs all round? thought it was just the G6R...and the facelifted model...

This has ben debated before :D

Some AE111 "frog eye" 'G6's (NOT G6R'S which all had discs on back) did have discs on the back towards the end of 'Frog eye' front end before 'facelifted' AE111 came out.

This has ben debated before :D

Some AE111 "frog eye" 'G6's (NOT G6R'S which all had discs on back) did have discs on the back towards the end of 'Frog eye' front end before 'facelifted' AE111 came out.

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

You learn something new everyday :lol:

The E11 rear disc brakes were exactly the same design as the E10, which includes Levins/Truenos and the like, as well as AE102 GXi models. All of them will swap with ease. The set on my AE102 came off an AE101 Levin, while my friend used an identical set from an AE111 Trueno on his AE102.