Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Hard Is It To Import A Toyota?

StockCamry96

hey guys just curious on how hard is it to import a ride side driver or model that we don't have here in the states? how expensive too?

Consider it impossible.

There must be an Import company out there in the states... why would you want a right hooker out there anyway?

it's unique! plus i would stick to the tru JDM style! i know of a place out in California that imports the other cars like the Skylines and Silvias, but not the Toyotas!

get a silvia, there absolutly beautiful when there done properly. the veilside silvia is stunning. and there like :censor: off a shovel aswell. nice motors

hey guys just curious on how hard is it to import a ride side driver or model that we don't have here in the states? how expensive too?

im looking into that one, a buddy of mine wants a right hand drive FTO. its easy our end, but the trouble comes your side.

ive asked him to contact your DMV & get back to me, when he does ill let you know.

J

Consider it impossible unless you are willing to bend the law, or have very deep pockets.

There is an import scheme called Show / Display, but this limits you to 2500 miles per year.

You can import a car if you are on vacation, but it has to either be crushed or exported again within a certain time limit.

To import a car there are hefty import bonds which require paying - some 150% of the cars value.

You then have to get the car put on the list of federally approved vehicles, which requires paying more people more money and several months wait whilst people shuffle paper.

You then have to convert the car to meet US specs - ie demostrate the strength of the bumpers and the side protection beams, pollution requirements, stick labels on mirrors saying objects may appear closer than they actually are - typical cost of converting a JDM spec car to satisfy US regs - US$ 10,000

Its not impossible, but difficult, longwinded and expensive enough for most people to class it as impossible...

Consider it impossible unless you are willing to bend the law, or have very deep pockets.

There is an import scheme called Show / Display, but this limits you to 2500 miles per year.

You can import a car if you are on vacation, but it has to either be crushed or exported again within a certain time limit.

To import a car there are hefty import bonds which require paying - some 150% of the cars value.

You then have to get the car put on the list of federally approved vehicles, which requires paying more people more money and several months wait whilst people shuffle paper.

You then have to convert the car to meet US specs - ie demostrate the strength of the bumpers and the side protection beams, pollution requirements, stick labels on mirrors saying objects may appear closer than they actually are - typical cost of converting a JDM spec car to satisfy US regs - US$ 10,000

Its not impossible, but difficult, longwinded and expensive enough for most people to class it as impossible...

:eek: that explains the 90 grand for a Nissan Skyline GTR :( well i guess that answered my question! thanks guys, ya'll have been great!

So glad I live over here  :P  :rolleyes:  :P  :rolleyes:  :P

LOL! yeah i bet you are GG man! i almost feel like moving to Japan!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links