Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buzzy Dashboard

Al J

Back from yet another trip to Mr T <sighs> and I'm fed up. :crybaby:

When I picked up my new Yaris a mere 19 weeks ago there wasn't so much as a single rattle or squeak. A few weeks in and the seat started squeaking (no, I'm not that fat!). A new seat frame from Mr T sorted that.

They also replaced the dashboard as it had a couple of scuffs on it. Since then it has 'buzzed' around 4000rpm and they've refitted it twice but it still does it.

I've been a good boy and done my homework using the search feature (people fall over with the shock) and after that I'm leaning towards it being the outside plastic covers (where the wipers are) vibrating against the windscreen. So, what type of sticky pads do I need to try to sort it? Just need an indication of what a few of you seem to have used in the past, please. You know, what size, thickness, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. :thumbsup:

It's either this or playing cds very loud throughout the summer!

hmmm strange. the only people who usually get that rattle are the people who have the apexi filter fitted known as 'The Apexi Rattle' and i have it. i need to sort it tomorrow. know exactly wot u mean, it does my head in. as far as i know u just unscrew the 2 screws in the plastic bit. and shove come sort of pad down there and that should stop it.

Thanks mate. :thumbsup:

Another job while I'm on hol I think. Give it a blast down a known road, come back, add some sort of pad and then go back down road ears on full!

I had it before my apexi... fixed it.... with apexi it needed fixing again!!

No need to unscrew anything, just use some everyday small foam sticky pads, take the sticky covers off so both sides are sticky and shove about 4-6 of them down the black plastic infront of the windscreen... stops it straight away!

Hmmmm - you arent having much luck with Mr T are you Al...... :group-cuddles:

Stick a few stickies down the back - hopefully that'll help! Poor Youki! :unsure:

My TS does this, Toyota had the car back and did all sorts of things with the wiring loom, instrument binicle. They did say that Toyota are aware of a fit issue around the speedo area and they have a fix for it, which they did.

So now the buzzing at 60-70mph has gone but when I accelerate and hit 4000rpm I get a buzzing, I will have to try what you guy's have suggested.

Mine did this before the induction system was fitted ...

As has been said - coupla everyday 'sticky fixers' will do the trick. The actual binacle itself can rattle too, buts its easy to sort out - just pop it out and put a peice of foam between it and its mounts.

Worst I had was a rattling boot which took MrT months to figure out ... the lock/catch mechanism needed greasing!

I got the same rattle, its only come about in the last month but its so annoying, its definately not the binnacle already had that out. I think i will use the sticky pad tip. :D

If you want to see where to put it (no un intended) give me a yell over the weekend

will do mate :thumbsup:

I seem to have a vibrating front passenger window - buzzes quite a bit....

My passenger one does a bit, i just put it down then up and it cures it for a few days so im not to bothered :hokus-pokus:

It doesn't really bother me (Like you earpl, I'll bung on sum music to drown it out), but just have an odd feeling that with my luck, it'll drop out one day!

:D

It doesn't really bother me (Like you earpl, I'll bung on sum music to drown it out), but just have an odd feeling that with my luck, it'll drop out one day!

:D

It won't break its Toyota (TOUCH WOOD) :blink:

Thanks for the input everyone. If this doesn't work I either drive everywhere like a granny or camp out in my local Mr T until they sort it.

Great pic, eternity! :thumbsup:

Anyway, car is with me for the next six weeks so going in to car valetters for some tlc. Jetwash, hand dry, hand wax, interior clean, engine steam cleaned, tyres dressed.

It won't make it sound any better but it'll look nice while it buzzes! :P

its never bothered me........... i just drown it out with some areosmith :D

Cheers. Now that's an "install" I can do. 'Big Ones' and 'Nine Lives' going in tonight. B)

I seem to have a vibrating front passenger window - buzzes quite a bit....

Drop it then raise it! Works everytime for me!

read somewhere that if its not an interior noise, it may be caused by the plastic panel below the wipers rattling in the wind. fix is a rubber insert between the windscreen and the strip.

chk echodrivers.com

thank god im deaf.. too much work...! :blink:

the only noise is hear is RRRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

You hearing someone saying "Room?"

:D :D :D