Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buzzy Dashboard

Al J

Mr T should sort it, its damn irritating. With a rattle like that u could think your in a french car :P

I don't get any vibration or buzzing in my car, if she did buzz then I'd buzz her back to Mr T :P

They also replaced the dashboard as it had a couple of scuffs on it.

Under warranty? But who caused the scuffs? My car has one or two already. Cant see my branch changing my dash.

Under warranty? But who caused the scuffs? My car has one or two already. Cant see my branch changing my dash.

Yes, under warranty. The scuffs were on the car when I got it though i suspect they may have been caused by someone at the dealers during the Supagard treatment. Can't say for sure but I wasn't putting up with them. Must admit the offer to replace the whole top dashboard did suprise me a little!

There was also a scratch on the plastic surrounding the ignition key barrel. I told them I thought it would probably polish out.

Guess what? Yep, they replaced it.

Mind you if anyone finds themselves in the same position with a new car, I'd advise that they get it back to the dealer pronto, just so they can see the damage. They can fix it later but they need to know it was like that on receipt of the car.

Can't see it happening a couple of years down the road. ;)

Yes, under warranty. The scuffs were on the car when I got it though i suspect they may have been caused by someone at the dealers during the Supagard treatment. Can't say for sure but I wasn't putting up with them. Must admit the offer to replace the whole top dashboard did suprise me a little!

There was also a scratch on the plastic surrounding the ignition key barrel. I told them I thought it would probably polish out.

Guess what? Yep, they replaced it.

Mind you if anyone finds themselves in the same positionwith a new car, I'd advise that they get it back to the dealer pronto, just so they can see the damage. They can fix it later but they need to know it was like that on receipt of the car.

Can't see it happening a couple of years down the road. ;)

Agreed!

Thats why when you pick your car up you're supposed to check it first to make sure its satisfactory and report any scuffs, marks etc to the salesperson there and then so they have it on record.... like Al did! :thumbsup:

Yep, but to be honest a few other things that were wrong with it were only noticed later. They still sorted them. Just don't leave it ages until you get in touch with your Mr T.

Of course, some things can go wrong later. that's what the 3-year warranty is for. I had my gearshift sorted on my last car with only days left on the warranty! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links