Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T-sport

bert.tsport

hi,

ive been thinking about getting a powerflow system from the cat. backwards... has anyone got any comments on this system? also, whats the best induction kit for my cts, been looking at K&N typhoon. anygood?? what bhp gain would i expect from fitting these products? check out www.powerflow.uk.com to help me decide what it should look like.

thanks bert.tsport. :thumbsup:

hi,

ive been thinking about getting a powerflow system from the cat. backwards... has anyone got any comments on this system? also, whats the best induction kit for my cts, been looking at K&N typhoon. anygood?? what bhp gain would i expect from fitting these products? check out www.powerflow.uk.com to help me decide what it should look like.

thanks bert.tsport. :thumbsup:

Never really rated Powerflow for the grade of steel they use and pidgeon **** welds, but this is down to the individual fitter usually, trouble is, I've seen more than enough Powerflow jobbies...

My personal choice would be to have it done by someone like Hayward and Scott, but its £££

Finish, Jap 4" ?

I had a powerflow exhaust on my previous car, i wouldnt go near them if i were you.

The packing came out of mine a few miles from the place it had just been fitted, and i've seen them rusting on other cars although i never had mine long enough for this to happen.

well i got my exhaust on yesterday and wot a noise off it!!!! it sounds like a highly tuned motorbike. iv got from the cat bk on 2.5" stainless to 1 back box which was hand rolled there and then for me it was good to watch it bein made it has got a 8"x4" letter box tail pipe on it which really suited the car its a phenominal sound and i luv it to bits.

all this work was carried out at MEERCAT CUSTOM EXHAUSTS KILBIRNIE SCOTLAND

ok then, so anyone have any links to other exhaust systems for cts? i find it very hard to find companys that list mods for this car... thanks :thumbsup:

Off the shelf backboxes are either the TTE, or the Remus, both of which dont increase power much, are not to loud, and are both twin exit 90mm pipes. If your wanting something a bit loud then go custom, but be sure to check out the work of the place beforehand.

Beware when looking at systems for the japanese runx (zze123), same car but the exhaust exits on the opposit side of the car.

I had a Powerflow exhaust on my old Rolla GTI. It was a good buy from my perpective. They did a good job with i, and never had any problems with it. I sold it to one of the guys on here late last year. Not had any complaints from him either. I think it depends which Powerflow place you go to, and as stated above, which monkey does the job on it for you!

Top Gear in St Albans is where I got mine done! :thumbsup:

ive managed to source a Scorpion stainless steel performance cat back system with 5" suzuka tail £379.00 incl. vat ??? its £50 more than the powerflow quote i got.

B) which would be the best?

does anyone have a 5" on there cts?

would it not look too big? i was thinking 4"...

:thumbsup: bert

ive managed to source a Scorpion stainless steel performance cat back system with 5" suzuka tail £379.00 incl. vat ??? its £50 more than the powerflow quote i got.

B)  which would be the best?

I'd take the scorpion for quality, but 5" seems a bit to big! all subjective to taste of course. I got my remus stainless steel catback for my t-sport for £165 delivered to my door.

Edit - infact just checked and the remus twin 90mm pipe, is £229 from elite design, i got mine on special heh

B)  which would be the best?

I'd take the scorpion for quality, but 5" seems a bit to big! all subjective to taste of course. I got my remus stainless steel catback for my t-sport for £165 delivered to my door.

Agreed. 5" would be too big...

3.5" Max IMO (Std is 3" isnt it :unsure: )

ok, zuban, where did you buy your exhaust from at that price? was it a one off? :o

i just phoned elite design, the price is for the back box only. they only sell this part.

what difference would it make just changing the back box? :huh:

i just phoned elite design, the price is for the back box only. they only sell this part.

On the corolla t-sport, a cat back exhaust, is just the backbox, the centre section, which has the cat built in, runs for most of the length of the car, so anything after this centre section, is a catback, which is just the backbox lol.

The standard box is pretty good, by changing the backbox, i found some small improvement in the lowend, more noticible through the middle, and it held its power a bit better once up to 8krpm.

On the corolla t-sport, a cat back exhaust, is just the backbox, the centre section, which has the cat built in, runs for most of the length of the car, so anything after this centre section, is a catback, which is just the backbox lol.

The standard box is pretty good, by changing the backbox, i found some small improvement in the lowend, more noticible through the middle, and it held its power a bit better once up to 8krpm.

doh, should of looked underneath my car ,hey?

thats nice to know, thanks matey... puts it into perspective now....

what induction you got on yours? :thumbsup:

I have a blitz sus lm induction kit, its just a shortram, a full cai would have been better, but sometimes high revving engines prefer a shorter intake path, also with the orientation of the engine (manifold at the back of the engine bay) it generally doesnt suck in to much hot air, reason i didnt go for a cai, was i had one on the car i had before, and it sucked up a lot of water and nearly wrecked the engine!

does that come with a place to put the air sensor? ive been looking at the K&N Typhoon , which does . you swap it over from original air box. how does the fitting work on yours? :help:

it basically comes with a mounting plate that fits into the original black piping that runs from the throttle body, to the airbox, you remove the airbox and move the sensor from it, into the mounting plate, then fit the filter onto the mounting plate, removing the vacumn hosing that operates the butterfly valve and plugging this hole on the manifold.

As an aside, if you want to have some fun before you get the intake, if you look at your standard airbox you will find it is fed by a fairly small pipe that runs behind the headlight to the front of the car, remove this pipe and enjoy the noise!

iv got an 8x4 rounded square tail pipe on mine and its the olny 1 that didnt look too small on the car in my opinion. theres a cat then a mid box then your back box iv got mine off just after the cat and its nice n loud n got more performance well worth it for £325 and it was 2.5" pipe all the way

iv got an 8x4 rounded square tail pipe on mine and its the olny 1 that didnt look too small on the car in my opinion. theres a cat then a mid box then your back box iv got mine off just after the cat and its nice n loud n got more performance well worth it for £325 and it was 2.5" pipe all the way

Yours must be different :D

as my exhaust system only comprises of the manifold running of the engine, into the centre section wich runs for nearly the whole length of the car, and has the cat built in, then just above the rear beam it joins the backbox section.

it basically comes with a mounting plate that fits into the original black piping that runs from the throttle body, to the airbox, you remove the airbox and move the sensor from it, into the mounting plate, then fit the filter onto the mounting plate, removing the vacumn hosing that operates the butterfly valve and plugging this hole on the manifold.

As an aside, if you want to have some fun before you get the intake, if you look at your standard airbox you will find it is fed by a fairly small pipe that runs behind the headlight to the front of the car, remove this pipe and enjoy the noise!

Do the CTS's use a resonator then? :unsure:

Might have a fiddle in the morning ;)

just got quote off hayward and scott for supply and fit exhaust.. £450+ vat..

it would be nice if i could afford it... :eek:

just got quote off hayward and scott for supply and fit exhaust.. £450+ vat..

it would be nice if i could afford it... :eek:

Their systems are worth every penny :yes:

Totally hand made and they have your car for a good couple of days...

Do the CTS's use a resonator then? :unsure:

Might have a fiddle in the morning ;)

No, the intake system on the CTS is real wierd, in the front left wing, is a small air blower, it sucks air from above the exhaust manifold, and pumps it via some pipes into the intake path via the small pipe i mentioned above. This pipe sits just behind the front left headlight, and about half way along it the hot air blower joins it, just after this the pipe is reduced in diameter to reduce noise. Performance wise this is all a nightmare, and removing the whole lot does wonders.

im off to have a look at this airbox. check back later. :thumbsup: