Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T-sport

bert.tsport

do u have any pics of your cars exhaust it was a tte back box and everythin looked original there was a sensor on 1 of the pipes and that was the cat so we chopped it off infront of it theres no warning lights on so its running fine

just had alook under my car, the standard exhaust consists of downpipe, sensor, cat, sensor, another box (same size as cat) and then the backbox... from front to back.

is it possible to connect from behind second sensor but before second box? suppose it would have to be chopped and a flange welded on? then straight thro to a back box? is that what yours is like albundy?

does that come with a place to put the air sensor? ive been looking at the K&N Typhoon , which does . you swap it over from original air box. how does the fitting work on yours? :help:

I'm collecting my T Sport now on Monday and I have a K&N Typhoon kit waiting to be fitted so I'll take some pics of the finished article! :thumbsup: Alternatively use this link to the K&N fitting instructions:

K&N Typhoon Installation Guide

69-8751TP.jpg

does that come with a place to put the air sensor? ive been looking at the K&N Typhoon , which does . you swap it over from original air box. how does the fitting work on yours? :help:

I'm collecting my T Sport now on Monday and I have a K&N Typhoon kit waiting to be fitted so I'll take some pics of the finished article! :thumbsup: Alternatively use this link to the K&N fitting instructions:

K&N Typhoon Installation Guide

69-8751TP.jpg

cool,

what colour pipe are you having? the polished one like in the pic?

how much have you paid for it? iv been quoted about 190 +vat.

i look forward to your comments when you get your car.

:thumbsup: bert

mines is after the sensor and cat and before the boxes just through to 1 back box it sounds amazing go on you know you want to and believe me the bigger the tail pipe the better it looks small ones just dont suits te car have fun it pops and bangs like a rally car

My apologies chaps! i forgot about the silencer just after the cat!! doh! removing that will certainly give more noise i'm sure! and may help flow.. maybe, but to be honest, its not likely it will improve power, perhaps the catback systems include a section of pipe that can be joined to the centre section if it is cut just after the cat.

Corolla T-sport has an exhaust system that i think is 2.5" or close, it is pretty much the optimum size for the engines power output. None of the exhaust systems available change this size, so are not likely to make any real difference in power, only difference may be if there is a restriction in the original system.

The thing to realise is that the exhaust manifold, is what really makes the difference here, its tuned pipes and collecter size play a large part in where the power band sits, then the next section of pipe before the first exansion chamber, ie.. the cat, plays its part to, as it must be the right length for the pulse theory to work. After that first expansion chamber i've been told you could make the pipe 5" wide and it would make no difference other than make your car very loud. All you need for the rest of it is to not be to restricitive, and the standard exhaust is of a decent enough quality, and our aussie freinds have been struggling to find power via it!!

If your looking for performance out of the corolla t sport via its exhaust system, the best thing to do would be to remove the exhaust manifold, and have it ported, you can do this yourself, its fairly obvious what needs done when you take it off, theres a lip where it joins the head. Secondly ditch the cat for a highflow item, theres some debate as to whether the cat is that bad, but listening to those who have changed it seems worth it. The back box is really secondary, as long as its not a restrictive item, then anything will do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links