Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help.....

tina.10

:( can any tell me where i can get a rear anti rollbar other than toyota they want an arm and a leg

What model is it for? And this may sound silly but why do you need to replace it? :D

Oh and welcome to TOC. :thumbsup:

whiteline - £130 , at the end of the day its a roll of metal , why replace it . gt4 maybe - 202 needless

:( can any tell me where i can get a rear anti rollbar other than toyota they want an arm and a leg

What model is it for? And this may sound silly but why do you need to replace it? :D

Oh and welcome to TOC. :thumbsup:

gt 1990 uk spec car has just passed mot but i was advised this needs replacing

Did they say the actual anti roll bar needed replacing or the anti roll bar bushes or the anti roll bar drop links? The actual roll bar should be fine unless it`s got very seriously bent or rusted to pieces. The anti roll bar bushes may cause a knocking noise if excessively worn. And the drop links also would rattle about a bit if too worn. :thumbsup:

Did they say the actual anti roll bar needed replacing or the anti roll bar bushes or the anti roll bar drop links? The actual roll bar should be fine unless it`s got very seriously bent or rusted to pieces. The anti roll bar bushes may cause a knocking noise if excessively worn. And the drop links also would rattle about a bit if too worn.  :thumbsup:

it is the stabilisher link arm bushes but toyota have said i need the whole thing :(

Nah... Dont listen to them.... They only sell the things. :lol:

Not wishing to sound condescending but do you know anyone who`s half handy with a set of spanners? It`s an easy enough job to undo the brackets and either put some insulating tape or cut a piece of old bicycle inner tube up and wrap that around the old bushes. Keep you going rattle free for a while longer. :thumbsup: .

Actually i`ve just had a look in my workshop manual... On my model (185) the rear bushes are a seperate item..... See if any of the Gen 6 boys know whats what with these... It seems unusual to sell the anti roll bar and bushes as one thing. Wondering if your MrT man may have made an error.... :unsure:

Damn... Sorry didn`t read your post properly. Link arms.... Hmmm. :unsure:

Same applies... Seperate items on the Gen 5... Not sure about Gen6. :)

you have a gen 5 - what i'd do and it works is to take the link arms off and give em a good whack with a heavy hammer , this makes them all good and tight again , they dont exactly do anything anyways other than keep the anti roll bar in place , and if you arnt cornering at 70 mph you will be fine , if a link arm snapped its doubtfull you would even notice it at all. :thumbsup:

if this is what part you mean ???????????

rollbarlink.jpg

Damn... Sorry didn`t read your post properly. Link arms.... Hmmm.  :unsure:

Same applies... Seperate items on the Gen 5... Not sure about Gen6.  :)

:crybaby: sorry to keep bugging you! been back to toyota this morning and it is the rear suspension bar apparently the bushes have gone and this is affecting the tracking on the rear wheel but bushes don't come seperate is this correct :help: us novices!!!!!!!!!!

bushes for a gen 6 are £10 a pair , cant see why you cant get em for a 1990 gen 5 celica.