Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Build Idea 20v 1.8 Turbo 4wd Ae102

OriRacer

Ok I have recently got my hands on a nice AE102 in rusty orange, and I want to build it to drag

race as fast as possible quarters, but still make her quick around the track.

So far we have dug up all the information, for putting the a4gze head on to the 7afe engine but i'm trying to find out about...

A> Making my AE102 4WD

B> Putting 4AGE 20V Head on to the 7AFE

C> Adding I think a Honda B Series Turbo on to the engine

What started me thinking about making the car 4WD drive was a AE95 gearbox I saw on eBay, and made me wonder how fast would this be and would it make it to the 200mph mark ??

Ok I have recently got my hands on a nice AE102 in rusty orange, and I want to build it to drag

race as fast as possible quarters, but still make her quick around the track.

So far we have dug up all the information, for putting the a4gze head on to the 7afe engine but i'm trying to find out about...

A> Making my AE102 4WD

B> Putting 4AGE 20V Head on to the 7AFE

C> Adding I think a Honda B Series Turbo on to the engine

What started me thinking about making the car 4WD drive was a AE95 gearbox I saw on ebay, and made me wonder how fast would this be and would it make it to the 200mph mark ??

the only corollas with 4wd were underpowered station wagons if im not mistaken.i take it u mean ae92 rather than 95

this gearbox is not strong enough to handle big power, and the 4wd system doesnt have trick differentials, in other words, u wont be 4 wheel drifting around if thats what ur thinking. unless u were going to graft in the drivetrain from a celica gt4, in which case, it would make no sense to try and mate it to a 4age/7age.

as for 200 mph?? if a highly tuned 3sgte corolla,with somewhere in the region of 600 bhp can barely breach 200 mph, you will have a hard time doing it with a turbochaged 7age

Thanks for the input I think, i'm just really looking to build something unique. I know fensport have built AE101's with a 3sgte and I just feel compeled to bring somthing new to the floor on the AE102's.

But I was sure I could do a 4WD AE102 since some guy done this in Auz

http://www.turbocorolla.com/cars/larsc.htm

If making her 4WD wont be an option on the 7AFE idea then I think i'm going to work on the twin charged 7AGTZE 20V :drool: using the std 4AGZE SuperCharger with front mount intercooler then slap a basic turbo on her. The engine should take the pain, as long as I start with a motec ems or somthing similer.

Twincharge is not that good..you get more power if you just go for a big turbo! :D

i know a few people who made 4AGTZE's and they all took of the supercharger and now they only use a big turbo! :lol:

the 7AGE can be done...i once saw a homepage where the swap was made..but i cant remember where.

one of my friends has a Celica AT200 1,8 4AFE with a nissan turbo running at 0.9bar and around 200bhp

Twincharge is not that good..you get more power if you just go for a big turbo!  :D

i know a few people who made 4AGTZE's and they all took of the supercharger and now they only use a big turbo!  :lol:

the 7AGE can be done...i once saw a homepage where the swap was made..but i cant remember where.

one of my friends has a Celica AT200 1,8 4AFE with a nissan turbo running at 0.9bar and around 200bhp

Its true that you will always be able to make the same power from a 4AGZE using a Turbo only setup rather than Twincharge, but what you wont get with a Turbo only application is the massive torque curve and zero Turbo lag which is characteristic of a Twincharge setup.

HKS recently unveiled their prototype Honda Integra Twincharger, this baby make 400bhp all day long. I guess Twincharging is still a viable option if you can make it work.

Having had my Twincharger for around 4 years now I would say that the only people that junk the SC to run with Turbo only are those who never got it to run properly. There is not a lot of knowledge of Twincharging the 4AGZE within the community, and there is a reason for it. Not many people have managed to do it properly, this is down to lack of knowledge and people not wanting to go down the expensive road of trial and error.

Further more, I am running a T4/T3 hybrid turbo on my 4AGZE, and there is no way the 4AGZE can spool that baby without assistance from the SC – I have tried this, the turbo is just too big for the 1600cc engine. There is no way I will ever junk the SC in favour of a Turbo only setup, have a sit in my Twincharger and you will understand quickly why.

Turbocharging the 4AGE 20V is a very expensive and difficult path to take, especially since the 4AGZE would produce very similar results but with more reliability and less expense.

For a good reliable, cheap (meaning cheapest!) power, the options are 4AGZE, 4AGTE and 3SGTE – don’t look at any other options for a Corolla.

Turbocharging the 4AGE 20V is a very expensive and difficult path to take, especially since the 4AGZE would produce very similar results but with more reliability and less expense.

I know that HKS make a turbo kit for the 20valve but it costs £6,000 and I know where there is a 20v with a kit installed - it's just not in the car yet - looks very pretty :D

For a good reliable, cheap (meaning cheapest!) power, the options are 4AGZE, 4AGTE and 3SGTE – don’t look at any other options for a Corolla.

We both know that don't we Nad. :D

*rollaboy

the only corollas with 4wd were underpowered station wagons if im not mistaken.i take it u mean ae92 rather than 95

No. When it was the 4wd Estate it was model code AE95 although it was made same time as AE92 range (and classed as part of this range in Toyota Brochure).

The 4x4 Corolla has become a very much forgotten recent Toyota much the same way as the Tercel range (which also had a 4WD Estate).

No. When it was the 4wd Estate it was model code AE95 although it was made same time as AE92 range (and classed as part of this range in Toyota Brochure).

The 4x4 Corolla has become a very much forgotten recent Toyota much the same way as the Tercel range (which also had a 4WD Estate).

So would taking the back suspension, diff gearbox etc off a 4wd Estate and fitting it to an AE102 with a perfomance engine be possiable ?

See its no use building a 300bhp engine if you can't get the pony's to the ground.

says who? i can get 350 ponies to the black stuff, you just have to adjust the way you drive. 450 BHP will be a different matter however so i am already planning for a 4WD conversion using a selection of GT4 and custom fabricated running gear.

says who? i can get 350 ponies to the black stuff, you just have to adjust the way you drive. 450 BHP will be a different matter however so i am already planning for a 4WD conversion using a selection of GT4 and custom fabricated running gear.

Well keep me informed that was one of the first things I wanted to do with little AE102 :thumbsup:

*rollaboy

ok, i stand corrected. but my point remains the same.that gearbox wont handle power.

if you want your ae102 to be turbo and 4wd oriracer, the cheapest/only way of doing it, would be to buy a complete st185/205 celica (panel damaged would be perfect) and

graft all its mechanicle bits into the corolla a la fensport.

this includes welding in the rear floorpan of the gt4 with diff and prop mounts, moving the fuel tank,using celica hubs,brakes, susp.

its a huge job, but if u want to realise ur dreams, thats what u got to do

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links