Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Landcruiser 3.0 Vx Auto D4d

vic93uk

Help!! Main dealer can't help me. Car drops revs during driving, no kickdown, takes about 30secs to regain full power with pedal to the floor. Safety issue here, so looking for some ideas guys! No error codes come up on test. :(

Sounds like the air filter flexi hose is collapsing when your driving/under load,starving the engine of air (you wont see it collapsing because it only happen's under load conditions not at idle)

Try removing the hose and driving it to see if the fault still occurs.

Had this on a couple of Landcruisers in the past.

:thumbsup:

Sounds like the air filter flexi hose is collapsing when your driving/under load,starving the engine of air (you wont see it collapsing because it only happen's under load conditions not at idle)

Try removing the hose and driving it to see if the fault still occurs.

Had this on a couple of Landcruisers in the past.

:thumbsup:

Mick, actually unsure which hose you mean! Big thick rubber hose attached to Air filter with Jubilee clips or smaller ones. (Doh!) Toyota dealer says £160 incl Vat for the big rubber hose(Eh?) although they've never sold one.

A lot to pay if its not this, but as you say I could disconnect it and try it running that way. Would this be ok for the engine running like this for a bit. My moby number is 07776 301325. I'll return your call to save you the cash if you could call me thanks. Vic

Hi Vic,

it is the larger hose from the air filter to the manifold - it is ok to run it for a short road test to see if it cure's the problem - you will get a lot of Induction noise because the hose is off,and obviously dont test it in dusty conditions.

A short road test should tell you straight away if it's cured the problem or you need to look a bit deeper to solve it.

Unable to phone you as I am at work - 12 hr shift :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Vic,

it is the larger hose from the air filter to the manifold - it is ok to run it for a short road test to see if it cure's the problem - you will get a lot of Induction noise because the hose is off,and obviously dont test it in dusty conditions.

A short road test should tell you straight away if it's cured the problem or you need to look a bit deeper to solve it.

Hi Vic,

Ok Mick, I'll have a look at it. Seems to be a bit difficult to get in about though.

Worth replacing/removing the air filter first to see if that will make a difference?

Yes - you can whip the air filter out and try it - the filter would have to be seriously clogged to give you the type of fault you were on about originally( check the air filter housing for restrictions ie - mouse nest,dead birds etc - it's happened in the past !!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links