Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Levin Parts Question

symon

Hi ,

I have a k plate Levin Gt Apex (ae101)and was wondering what to search for when looking for parts, i only ask as there is not much stuff that is listed as Levin parts.

I am currently looking for some shocks/coilovers....do Corolla parts fit? if so from which model(s) exaclty?

can anyone help, or even recomend some good parts.

I am in the UK

Thanks

Sy

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Apex has superstrut front suspension so parts will probably have to come from Japan.

I think the Apex has superstrut front suspension so parts will probably have to come from Japan.

hmmm funny you should mention that as i am currently looking into buying some up rated suspension and am stuck as i do not know if my car has super-strut or not?

Could anyone give me a definitive answer?

( P.S sorry for slow responce my router went down)

the superstrutt is complicated, and i dont think it is easy to upgrade to coilovers.

a superstrutt model usually wears the "superstrutt" decals proudly in front of the rear wheels. japan is probably your best bet. your model levin shares a lot of parts with the ae101 corolla fx, but fx owners have the same problem as you... not much available

the superstrutt is complicated, and i dont think it is easy to upgrade to coilovers.

a superstrutt model usually wears the "superstrutt" decals proudly in front of the rear wheels. japan is probably your best bet. your model levin shares a lot of parts with the ae101 corolla fx, but fx owners have the same problem as you... not much available

thanks for the replies everyone. I am currently looking for some suspension as i mentioned. A guy was selling some ae101 Tein shocks on eBay...he said they are for super strut suspension cars .....he still has them(as far as i know) and i really would like them....but obviously only if they will fit my car!

does anyone know of a definitive way i can find out if these are suitable for my car or not?

Thanks very much

Sy

What year is your levin mate?

I can put you in touch with a company in japan to get you sorted, I have superstrut suspension in my rolla from a levin and it was a real pain to get stuff for it :lol:

I can put you in touch with a company in japan to get you sorted, I have superstrut suspension in my rolla from a levin and it was a real pain to get stuff for it :lol:

Great stuff, thanks!

Its a Kreg 1993 i believe! GT Apex.

Thanks again

Sy

• 4 weeks later...

Great stuff, thanks!

Its a Kreg 1993 i believe! GT Apex.

Thanks again

Sy

I work in a toyota parts dept.So if u supply me with ure model and frame number off the vin plate,ill tell u if its fitted with s/s shocks.. or at least give u part number to cross ref with the part fitted...

• 4 months later...

mate

best thing to do is try to find an importers or specalis jap car parts guy where you are and see if he can get you something. if not he will be able to put you in contact with someone who can.