Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dastek Unichip

daktari

Seeing as i`m unable to make JAE this year :crybaby::crybaby: I`ve opted to put the money i would have spent to some other sensible use.

Been offered a dastek unichip for a good price, but what i need to know before i commit myself is.. How easy are they to fit and i presume the car would then have to be set up on a rolling road???

Any and all information gratefully received. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dak. :D

Quick search on the MR2 section specifically should get ya what you need as a few of the lads there hav/had them before. I think it cost £500 initally, that included the mapping, can't rem the price of further setups tho!

It's said to be cheaper if you already have the chip so that should be handy for yourself.

It's said to be a good chip to get as everything is per your spec, i.e. ur asked how you want it set up, your driving style etc.

Also a fair bit of power was gained from it!

-Z

Cheers chap. I`ll have a little perusal later. Should give me somethin to do this evening. Bit quiet on here.... Wonder why. :lol::ph34r:

Shouldn't be too difficult to install, if you have a bit of an idea about wiring harnesses. Not sure how difficult they are to set up, I think you need the software to DIY, which is not included with the unit? And you would need a wideband lamda sensor too (pretty much essential on any modded turbo engine anyway). Not sure who the Unichip enabled rolling roads are in your area, but Owen Developments are well regarded for setting up unichips.

Have you considered the greddy emanage. It sounds like a very good unit. Quite a few Supras are using it, even when converting from twin to single turbos. There is a new version out too, the emanage ultimate. I don't know the specifics on it because it is so new.

If you'd have made it to JAE, Thor were there with their dynapack, and offering install and setup of the emanage for £250 on the day. Having said that, they only took the 2 wheel setup, not the full 4wd rig.

thor sell secondhand ones at 100 quidish, but dont map them.

Now this is getting interesting. Got a couple of questions which i think i already know the answers to but would like confirmation.

1/ If i fitted a unichip now and had it mapped etc would i then have to have it remapped every time i made a modification e.g Water Injection, Bigger Injectors. ? I think the answer to that one is yes.

2/ Anybody have any idea how much a remap session would cost.? I`m thinking in excess of £100.

Cheers.

Dak :D

The answer to number 1 is yes, it would make sense as the re-map would work with your new modifications to fully utilise them.

Number 2 depends on where you go but you're right in thinking that it could be in excess of £100 each time you go.

The answer to number 1 is yes, it would make sense as the re-map would work with your new modifications to fully utilise them.

Number 2 depends on where you go but you're right in thinking that it could be in excess of £100 each time you go.

Yeah. Pretty much what i figured. Think i might have to do yet more researching.... :D :thumbsup:

If you do get one second hand, make sure it's the right model. I made the mistake of buying one off a guy with an IS200. I think it was a type C and I needed a type A. Luckily sold it for only a £10 loss. :cacker:

A rolling road session costs around £60+ hour. Don't know how long it'd take for a re-map, I guess it depends on the mods.

Joe

If you do get one second hand, make sure it's the right model.  I made the mistake of buying one off a guy with an IS200.  I think it was a type C and I needed a type A.  Luckily sold it for only a £10 loss.  :cacker:

A rolling road session costs around £60+ hour.  Don't know how long it'd take for a re-map, I guess it depends on the mods.

Joe

Cheers Joe. The one i`ve been offered is off an identical car so no worries there. :thumbsup::thumbsup: