Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Mmt

Snorer

I am looking at a Yaris MMt for my Daughter who must drive auto only. Although I am sold on the Yaris I am getting some bad vibes about the MMT. Any comments please and why it it not as good as the auto models.

thanks

The manual transmission in the yaris is the only thing thats rather annoying in my car.. i assume the MMT means manual transmission?...

He hasn't got the rather clever gears in reverse, and some of the other gears can be a bit odd... I just like it because it makes a rather nice "clunk - clunk" sound now :)

the automatics and even the free-tronics are supposedly very good 'boxes

The manual transmission in the yaris is the only thing thats rather annoying in my car.. i assume the MMT means manual transmission?...

MMT stands for multi mode transmission, i'm sure there was another topis posted weeks ago about the automatic yaris, but i wouldn't know what to search for.

Wait a couple of days for JAE to end and i'm sure Red_yaris_54 will have a bit to tell you about the mmt (being the most frequent mmt Yaris owner on here)

my dad has a mmt which i drove for a while

its a good gearbox, not as good as a normal manual as u have to change gear slightly slower. as far as mmt's go in cars, its good

the gearbox (so as not to wear down the clutch) will beep if u stay in gear for over a set amount of time at 0mph. it will also beep if u try and start off in 3rd or more to warn u. it will also beep in reverse gear

hope that helps

Jay

Yeah Steve (Red Yaris 54) is the man to speak to - he should be on in a bit actually, dependin on when he left JAE :thumbsup:

Hello,

The MMT transmission is very much underated ..(usually by people that have never driven one)

The gearbox is basicaly a manual box but with a clever selector system which allows the driver to select fully automatic (E) or manual (M) with sequential gearchanging (similar in theory to the Formula 1 cars)

I firmly believe that the MMT is far superior to a "standard" automatic gearbox as it gives the driver full choice of when to change gear in the manual mode but also holds the gears through the rev range in automatic (E) mode when required.

The gear changes are not in my opinion any slower than those of a manual gearbox...(unless of course your daughter is a budding race or rally driver)......in practice the gearchange is pretty slick.

Additionally the MMT Yaris is marginally more economical than the manual.

Ther are not that many MMT Yariis sold in fact you may have to wait a while for your Toyota dealer to get a test drive vehicle...............give it a try, and do not listen to those predjudiced voices which usually have no experience of the vehicle.

Hope that your daughter enjoys her MMT Yaris............please feel free to PM me with any further questions and let us know what decision you reach :thumbsup: .......happy to help :group-cuddles: