Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical Fault

ripspeedtimmy

Hi people. I have a 1995 corolla e10 and i have taken my front indicators out of the bumper and relocated them to the side lights and put the sidelights back in the headlight. My front bumper is being flushed off and i had to take the indicators out. All works fine apart from the fact that now i am using a capless 501 bulb for the indicator, it is flashing too quickly because of the wattage on the bulb. Any ideas how i can get rid of this problem, cheers ppl, need help asap!!!!!!

You need to put a couple of resistors on the indicator circuit - if you are using the 501 capless bulbs,i assume they are 5w as opposed to 21w of the standard one's - that's why they are flashing too fast - it's almost like taking a bulb out of the circuit.

If i remember rightly,you will need a 6.40 ohm resister on each side of the circuit (n/s + o/s)

:thumbsup:

Cheers mate! thanks for your help. Any ideas which cables should be tapped into. Just the feed for the front indicators yeah?

You can tap in to the front indicators or the output from the indicator relay - whichever is easier for you - you can get the resistors from Maplin's or RS Components for approx. 30p each or you can go to eBay and buy a "box of tricks" for £10 :eek:

:thumbsup: