Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Very Poor....

cookci

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have had this same problem with my ss2, roughly the same mileage too.

There is noengine warning light and all that, all the guages point in the right direction and the car seems otherwise healthy.

The exhaust is sooty, so I guess pointing to a rich mixture, but why?

I did change the Lambda but with no real joy.

Someone mentioned to me that a temperature sensor could be the problem, apparantly vauxhalls have this as a common problem.

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread as an unlikely problem, but has anyone tried this, and where exactly what/is it?

getting 30mpg constant here (UK GT) , used to get better but think the lamdas on its way out.

was getting in the region of 25-28 before i did a 1016 mile trip to london ,peterbourgh (jae) and back , car runs so much better for it :D

Dont listen to cookci he gets crap mpg due to driving like a mad man all the time :P

Kev

I have the Gen 7 2004 Model and my MPG isn't all that good neither (had the Avensis before and had many mpg in that).

But as was said previously maybe that's the price we pay for driving one of the best cars around!!! :rolleyes:

I'm sure I've seen it here or elswhere someone saying about JDM cars wanting higher octane fuel and this being an option for better economy, but we're talking quite a difference here.

I used to have a scirocco which I ran on ul rather than premium or 4* which it supposedly preferred. I got around 40-45mpg out that on the same sort of journeys. So surely we should be able to muster at least the mid 30s even on the "wrong" fuel

Apparantly a mechanic who didn't get to the problem mentioned that fuel was being left in the system after being shut off. Doen't sound good that. But it does seem to point to a rich mix.

Does anyone now if that be altered without fancy electronic gadgetry?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links