Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Girls Car Or Boys Car

Kudos+

It's cool and unisex . . but don't get one - I like the rareness of it still.

I now choose it over the Lexus when I'm going out - and that cost about 20 grand and probably falls into your 'man' car category.

BTW I am 38 and have fathererd 2 children - I do not drive a '!Removed!' car :D

:eek: you choose it over the Lexus? I wouldn't have thought that (sorry to go off topic but I'm shocked!)

Yeah - I like my IS but it is heavy on fuel. The boot is too small and if you just want to nip to the shops etc. the Aygo is always my choice. The Lex has a clunky gear change and is underpowered IMO. I do however love the driving position and it's stability.

If I'm travelling further or have got the kids in tow it will be the Lex every time but the day to day stuff is Aygo :thumbsup:

I can understand that - I mean who wants to get a huge massive IS out for a trip to Tescos when you can get everything you need into the Aygo? Plus more economical and easy to nip in and out of parking spaces!

I must admit, I choose my Yaris over his Corolla any day! :thumbsup:

i got one and yeh i agree a butch person male or female wldnt luk great in it. but for a bloke of my build, fairly slim teenager it works, and it would work for a girl too, just luk at the ppl in the aygo brochure to get best idea.

I've had my Aygo about a week.

Regarding on whether it is a girls car or a boys car, well I agree with those that say it is a unisex car, which would suit any driver that does need a boot. One thing for certain, it isn't a hairdresser's car like the current Mini.

as said above, who cares.

i dont care that i drive around in an 'old persons' car. yes cars can be for men, women or both but if u like it, buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well....

I reckon it must be a pretty well universally suitable little beast!

I'm 61, and I've ridden big bikes all my life, and it suits this old guy a treat.... cheeky looking, very economical, got a bit of brmmmm to it, and I find it good fun to drive. :-)

And... it's had nearly as many compliments as my last Suzuki Bandit 1200!!!

Can't be bad, eh?

Raggy.

• 1 month later...

If the smart is a guys car then the Aygo is more tbh as a even a small guy looks huge in the smart which is not the case in the Aygo as its bigger and you can always lay the seat a bit back which you cant in tha smart! well i like them both and wouldnt give a f**k what people say about me or the car ! what i like is what i get! ;)

ive never been the quiet type, so i'll get straight down to it.....

NO NO NO NO NO NO and once more NO..........these are well ugly cars, dont do it.

i could see a little blonde bimbo driving one, but not any self respecting man.

sorry if ive upset any owners of these's monstrosities, but tough.

why did they not spend more time designing these's cars???? the interior is horrible....its like being in a betterwere (sp) container.!

rant over....hee hee

<wakes up>

Oh, this thread is back, is it? We're in dangerous territory when men worry about how "manly" they look in a vehicle. I can imagine male drivers of small delivery vans all over the country jacking in their jobs just because they weren't given an artic! :rolleyes:

If any bloke out there is bothered by his manliness when driving a car then he needs to look at himself, not what he drives. On the other hand, feel free to buy a big engined sports car in an attempt to look butch if you want to. It's a free country.

If you're sitting in a traffic jam in front of me on the way into work, you'll use more fuel than me, you'll get there just as quickly (or more likely, slowly!) and I'll still manage to avoid feeling emasculated. :D

Isn't it a little insulting to women too... calling one car or another, "girly"? Lots of women drive fast, powerful cars, lots of men drive small, low performance hatches and the like. It so doesn't matter. What may matter more is if you drive like a fool, screeching tyres from the lights to be first to.... the next set of lights. :rolleyes: Then, everyone will say "look at that idiot!" regardless of gender. :yes:

Of course, there are exceptions. The V**xh*ll Agila leaping to mind. Anyone looks like Postman Pat in one of those! :P

If any bloke out there is bothered by his manliness when driving a car then he needs to look at himself, not what he drives.

Spot on Al.... if men feel the need to go out and spend shed loads of money on a 3 litre gas-guzzling beast just to say "Look how manly I am", then thats up to them.

And anyway, its not the size of your car, its how you use it. You can measure a real man on more than his car and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably either vain or shallow.... :yes:

Saying that, I do stand by my previous statement - its a personal choice, same as some men will wear a pink shirt and some men wont because "pink is a girls colour" but really, it all comes down to vanity and that fact that people arent willing to get rid of the stereotypical "little womans car" thing....

Now if women can drive fast, powerful, sporty, large cars why can't men drive the Aygo??

It doesn't bother me either way but one thing i do know is i have had far more ladies come over and talk to me because of the 107 than i ever did in any of my fancy sports cars.

It doesn't bother me either way but one thing i do know is i have had far more ladies come over and talk to me because of the 107 than i ever did in any of my fancy sports cars.

107?????? wtf? :crybaby:

u do realize this is a totoya owners club??? hee hee :eek:

NO NO NO NO NO NO and once more NO..........these are well ugly cars, dont do it.

why did they not spend more time designing these's cars???? the interior is horrible....its like being in a betterwere (sp) container.!

rant over....hee hee

Its Cheap to run, tax, Fuel, insurance. Thats why i bought one, and the look has grown on me ever since. Everyones entitled to there own opinion, but anyway i love my little Aygo!

rant over....hee hee

Its Cheap to run, tax, Fuel, insurance. Thats why i bought one, and the look has grown on me ever since. Everyones entitled to there own opinion, but anyway i love my little Aygo!

u did get one thing right........ the word.............................

CHEAP! why did they make this car on a shoestring????????

it could have been alot better.

each to there own tho, everyone has differant tastes.

i'll get my coat....hee hee

rant over....hee hee

Why do you say "hee hee" after every post after insulting the Aygo? Do you get some sort of self satisfaction from insulting a car.

And in case you didn't realise the 107 Aygo and C1 are all based on the same technology and chassis (by Toyota) Hence pug bug's comment.

rant over....hee hee

Why do you say "hee hee" after every post after insulting the Aygo? Do you get some sort of self satisfaction from insulting a car.

And in case you didn't realise the 107 Aygo and C1 are all based on the same technology and chassis (by Toyota) Hence pug bug's comment.

i havent upset u? :!Removed!: o well tough :ffs:

i was just giving my opinion, surely im aloud to do that!

http://www.toyotasewingdirect.co.uk/site/?...wing%20Machines

Then I'd be a proper Toyota owner! Could make myself some new seat covers, because the standard cloth is nasty.

All this chauvinism is a bit of a yawn, now an X5 or a Discovery that's a woman's car :rolleyes:

rant over....hee hee

Yeah, everyones entitled to there own opinion, u just talk rubbish, HEEHEE, probley the most economical car in its price range and power ive ever seen.

rant over....hee hee

Yeah, everyones entitled to there own opinion, u just talk rubbish, HEEHEE, probley the most economical car in its price range and power ive ever seen.

HeeHee agreed :D

http://www.toyotasewingdirect.co.uk/site/?...wing%20Machines

Then I'd be a proper Toyota owner! Could make myself some new seat covers, because the standard cloth is nasty.

yeah the cloth of the seats is really nasty! after just 3 weeks the thread started to get pulled out so i went back to mr.t and after some looking and thinking the guy told me they were replacing the seat cover! but they need to keep the car there for 1 day! thats &#33;Removed&#33; a 10 min job and they need the car for a &#33;Removed&#33; day!

mad welshman you are a real pain in the ****! if you have never heard of the 107/aygo/c1 just stay out of it! Wtf do you think you are to judge others! or others people cars? if they like it it could be whatever the important they are happy with it! so dont judge if you dont want to be judged!

pug bug just ignore thiese type of guys and keep posting as we enjoy your company :thumbsup:

This topic is a bit pointless really and doesn't serve any purpose.

Some people don't like the Aygo. Some do. Some think it's a boys car, some a girls and some (most) couldn't care less.

Lets get back to the fact that we are all Toyota Owners in the Toyota Owners Club :group-cuddles:

Topic closed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links