Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White Smoke?

Kudos+

hey, recently my car has been sitting on the drive for a couple of months and when started up the exhaust is dripping like a tap with sort of clear water, and when the engine has heated up there are small clouds of white clear smoke obviously more so when reved, just wanted to know do u think its just condensation in the exhaust or could it be something else? Its definately not burning oil as its not blue/purple and the car itself runs fine.

Another little niggle whats been anoying me is when its started up and the revs run at around 1200rpm there is a like squeeling sound just for a few seconds until the revs drop back down to idling speed 800rpm. I was wondering if it might just be moisture on the fan belt? whats confusing is when a fan belt useually needs tightening it squeels most the time, mine only does it when its started up for a few seconds and then its fine through the gears etc...

any help would be appreciated

kudos+

Kudos+ Posted Today, 04:23 PM

hey, recently my car has been sitting on the drive for a couple of months and when started up the exhaust is dripping like a tap with sort of clear water, and when the engine has heated up there are small clouds of white clear smoke obviously more so when reved, just wanted to know do u think its just condensation in the exhaust or could it be something else? Its definately not burning oil as its not blue/purple and the car itself runs fine.

I regret to say this sound like a head gasket gone (whats the millage, and is coolant level droping?). :eek:

I hope not :( . The coolant level isnt dropping and by the way the white smoke does go off after its been running for a while. Its only done 92,000.

Check your oil level and coolant level,then give it a good run to warm it up and keep an eye on the temp.gauge.

Make sure the gauge comes to the halfway mark and stays there,and the heater blows hot(shows stat. is opening ok)

When you get back,let it tick over and make sure the cooling fan cuts in and goes off(shows fan switch is ok)

Switch off the engine and carefully feel the top and bottom rad hoses and heater feed and return hoses to make sure they are the same temp.

If the car has been "laid up" for a while, it is normal for a bit of moisture to come out the exhaust but should stop after a good run.

Worse case as TwinCam said - Head Gasket.

:thumbsup:

Check your oil level and coolant level,then give it a good run to warm it up and keep an eye on the temp.gauge.

Make sure the gauge comes to the halfway mark and stays there,and the heater blows hot(shows stat. is opening ok)

When you get back,let it tick over and make sure the cooling fan cuts in and goes off(shows fan switch is ok)

Switch off the engine and carefully feel the top and bottom rad hoses and heater feed and return hoses to make sure they are the same temp.

If the car has been "laid up" for a while, it is normal for a bit of moisture to come out the exhaust but should stop after a good run.

Worse case as TwinCam said - Head Gasket.

:thumbsup:

ok cheers guys! Will give that a try mick cheers :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links