Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phone Kits

glynfree

Having had a non-toyota mobile phone car kit fitted, I am really dissapointed with the end result. The company used a "Dash Mount" bracket and it fits between the A/C control unit (below the radio) and the trim. It has left a gap on that side of the radio, which probably looks worse than it is, because it was such a close fit originally.

:help: I may regret asking this, but, has anyone any suggestions regarding a better placement for the phone holder, which will not damage the trim and looks less unsightly.

Oh god, sorry just realised it's a new Avensis. I had trouble when I fitted one to mine.

:rolleyes:

I have a Nokia 6610 car kit in my car. The kit was professioanlly fitted and the holder is attached to the side of dashboard (passanger side) level with cigar lighter. That way the cables come from behind the dash rather than out thorugh the radio / CD.

Experiment first so that you can easily reach the phone for dailing etc. though.

Mind you, they were unable to make the CD / radio system automatically mute when an incoming call was recived as they claimed there was suitable control point in the back of radio / CD. I was a little suprosed as my old.. bog standard Rover had such a facility.

• 6 months later...
I have a Nokia 6610 car kit in my car. The kit was professioanlly fitted and the holder is attached to the side of dashboard (passanger side) level with cigar lighter. That way the cables come from behind the dash rather than out thorugh the radio / CD.

Experiment first so that you can easily reach the phone for dailing etc. though.

Mind you, they were unable to make the CD / radio system automatically mute when an incoming call was recived as they claimed there was suitable control point in the back of radio / CD. I was a little suprosed as my old.. bog standard Rover had such a facility.

What car do you have? there are Autoleads Telemute leads to fit most cars and stereos to either mute/switch of the stereo during a call and route the audio through the cars front Speakers.

as regards a mounting option for the avensis, here is one but its a bit pricey

toy70030.jpg

Regards

Terry

Business website

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links