Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Jap Car?

Fidgits

I thought its been a while since we had a good discussion topic...

So...

What do you think the best Japanese car on sale in the UK today is???

(so no skylines or Supra's - were talking about cars you can buy from a main dealer today)...

NSX-R .. until they can it in 3 months ..

Good bhp, proper car layout (ME, RWD). Super car status .. and can be used as a daily drive.

After that it's got to be the 350z or RX8 .. not much to choose from really.

(I would say the S2k .. but that's cause I'm biased).

Interesting...

The NSX is a great car, but a little long in the tooth, and it is as impractical as a supercar...

The thing is though - what other cars are there?

EVO FQ-400 - very overpriced, and very fragile from what i hear..

350Z, nice, but a bulky car for a 2 seater...

RX-8, not a patch on the 7, in looks and performance...

The list goes on...

It just seems all new Jap cars dont come close to what they were once...

I'd say Evo FQ400 without a doubt even a FQ300, 320 or 340 would do! Supercar performance and amazing grip for 40k, what more do you want?

Service intervals and reliability may be an issue though. :thumbsup:

Gotta be the Honda Civic Type R. Ok ok so its a bit fugly and mpv ish but its got all the best hot hatch qualities and at the same time is only £14k now brand new (most dealers let em go for this now).

over 200bhp, pratical and reliable and all for less than ANY of the other cars in its class.

Honda Civic Type R 200PS £16K

Astra Turbo VXR 240PS £19K

Ford Focus st220 22PS £20K

Renault Megane Sport 225PS £20K

Golf GTI 200PS £20K

All have very very similar 0-60 times (approx 6.5secs) but the Honda is the only non-aspirated car of the lot. Its the most reliable and cheapest to buy.

I think its an amazing car and i have thought about getting one in the past - only thing that puts me off the is rising boy-racer image and it being FWD.

:thumbsup:

Golf GTI 200PS £20K

That's a bit of an insult to the focus isn't it :D :lol: ;)

The CTR has only got 197bhp but its near enough 200 brake I suppose. I think a fair comparison would be against the Focus RS in which the RS would whoop its behind I would think. :yes:

Yaris T-Sport!

105bhp... 9sec 0-60mph.... 118mph..... Very sporty body and interior..... group 7 insurance!!

Thats a hard question.... my favourite is the 350Z but then its part Renault as they own half of Nissan so I wouldnt buy one, also I love the current MR2 but it has no space and isnt a patch on the MK1 or Mk2 so thats not the best either, so I guess it has to be either the S2000 or Civic type R... if it was my cash it would have to be an Aygo cos its cheap :lol:

Being honest... it'd have to be an S2000... only problem is that i don't fit in the beggar... so Type-R it'd have to be, but then that's a bit too common for my liking... 'Rolla TS!

seveer has a point there. The insurance is pretty high on a Type-R but for practicality and performance, not to mention looks it'd probs havta be the Civic. But... since when do you go Jap for all out practicality? NSX Type-R. Go with them and you'll still stand out. Too many RX-8's, evo's, scoobies, 350Z's etc. running about!

-Z

quite happy with the GS at the moment - the only other car I was considering when I bought it was a TVR.

It may be old and impractical.

And the seats were rock hard and not very comforatble.

And I could only fall into the car, and it tok two men to lever my fat ***** back out.

But I really loved this NSX at the dealership my Dad got his LS from.

43600037_G.sized.jpg.

43600030_G.sized.jpg

beautiful. :yes::yes:

For me it would have to be the Honda NSX......... Its the dogs danglies.

It looks fantastic (like a sports car) low and wide, with big hips and can shift when the time is right :rolleyes:

Very dificult question to answer as they all seem to be somehow compromised. :unsure:

Perhaps i would have to say, if the roadtests and the sales blurb is to be believed and because they seem to have the best compromise would be the Lexus GS430. Luxury.Performance annd space. or as William Lyons would have put it. Grace, Pace and Space. :D

I think if your definition of "best" is the Nurburgring then both the 7th gen Celica and MR2 Roadster would be a better bet that the Civic.

The Roadster is a bit impractical, the the Celica has more space.

And don't forget the Jap-spec Integra, which could probably top them all I guess.

Paul.

agree with bibbs

NSX :yes: as good as a jap supercar can get until they can it

closely followed by 350z :drool: and rx8

Gotta be the Honda Civic Type R. Ok ok so its a bit fugly and mpv ish but its got all the best hot hatch qualities and at the same time is only £14k now brand new (most dealers let em go for this now).

over 200bhp, pratical and reliable and all for less than ANY of the other cars in its class.

Golf GTI 200PS £20K

All have very very similar 0-60 times (approx 6.5secs) but the Honda is the only non-aspirated car of the lot. Its the most reliable and cheapest to buy.

I think its an amazing car and i have thought about getting one in the past - only thing that puts me off the is rising boy-racer image and it being FWD.

:thumbsup:

best bit regarding the 0-60 times is you can still go out and buy 5k worth of 12 year old toyota and still pan them by at least a second to 60 ;)

and the right wheels are driving :D

What about the Honda Jazz?

I mean...its soooooooo cute!! I wish I could have one.

(...I'll get my coat....)

Fidgits  Yesterday, 01:28 PM Post #1 

I thought its been a while since we had a good discussion topic...

So...

What do you think the best Japanese car on sale in the UK today is???

Well I Know of one of these for sale Today

1977ToyotaCelica2000RA28.jpg

:drool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...Oh you mean a new car ...dunno ...no one round where I live can afford a new car :lol:

I just don't like new cars........

it's not entirely the fault of the cars mind you.

It's things like "safety" and emissions.

Loved that Top Gear ep when they were reviewing the new 307(?) and said it was one of the first cars to have the design based on new safety legislation... basically so when a pedestrian walks into your car they'l be ok! lol

-Z

Id have a is 200 then get a supercharger like the red one @ jae, there was a greay one too!

Hmmm - best Jap Car

I'll stick with Clarkson and the genre I prefer to drive - and thats small cars - so its gotta be Yaris and Jazz! Simple as!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links