Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi All Newbie

P4UL

Going to look at an older Celica GT4 this weekend, want a faster car as I currently own a Punto and my points are coming off my licence!

Always loved these cars, but not got much information on them wondered if you could help.

Generally looking what specs, 0-60, bhp, what to look out for when buying etc

Car im off to look at is G reg. 87,000 miles, Red. Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, CD, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof.

Any help would be great, Thanks Paul

Going to look at an older Celica GT4 this weekend, want a faster car as I currently own a Punto and my points are coming off my licence!

Always loved these cars, but not got much information on them wondered if you could help.

Generally looking what specs, 0-60, bhp, what to look out for when buying etc

Car im off to look at is G reg. 87,000 miles, Red. Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, CD, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof.

Any help would be great, Thanks Paul

Specs depends on whether or not it`s been modified in any way. Most of them have. But standard the 0 - 60 is around 6.5 and top speed in the 140`s.

Thats by the book. But all cars are different, you might have variations on the above. Certainly quicker than a punto and more than capable of putting points back on your license. :D

I would say that you should be looking for a good service history, Preferably a Toyota one. Watch for smoke from the exhaust and any unusual noises from the engine. Gearchange should be firm and positive between gears. Listen for wheel bearings rumbling and any undue transmision noises. Body work is galvanised so there should be no rust. Check for accident damage, especially the front end, Not the best brakes in the world, :lol:

All in all they`re a good reliable car if looked after. If it`s been neglected.... Walk away quickly. Good luck. :thumbsup: