Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris - Tougher Than You Think!

callummcg

Yo! Never realised how tough my wee Yaris was. I was reversing out my space at the local supermarket: I was about 3 1/4 of the way out when i notice this woman in her landrover discovery directy behind start to reverse as well(without even a glace behind!!!) . Before I had a chance to react Bang! right into the rear right hand side of the back bumper :censor: . Hearing bits of car fall to the ground i feared the worse :( I didn't want to look. Its turns out it wasn't parts of my Yaris but various peices of landrover!( Snapped of the corner of her rear bumper and smashed the indicator and the foglight underneath the bumper). The Yaris came out unscathed apart from a couple of scrathes on the plastic bumper protectors! What a car!

Yaris's are as safe as houses. My old one saved my life on two occasions.

1- Taxi hit me from behind on the motorway and spun me into the center reservation, flipping me over it (repairable)

2- Old man pulls out from side road in Lexus IS200 and flips me forward onto roof and rolls me 3 times (write off)

Both these times i walked away mostly unscaved. Razored the **** out my hand the second time.

Go Yaris!

Take a look at Lee's (Knightrider's) example of protection... this car is truly an awesome machine.

I only had my last Yaris for 10 months, til she was taken from me in a head on with a stolen car, I had to buy a new one because I felt Karis had never had a chance in life.....

Truly brilliant little cars - I highly rate them - I got out without a scratch on me! :thumbsup:

yup had a side on collision 6 weeks after i got mine. and it survived along with me. body work might give a little easy but it does its job

1- Taxi hit me from behind on the motorway and spun me into the center reservation, flipping me over it (repairable)

2- Old man pulls out from side road in Lexus IS200 and flips me forward onto roof and rolls me 3 times (write off)

Both these times i walked away mostly unscaved. Razored the **** out my hand the second time.

Go Yaris!

I suggest you stay indoors! Thats bad. In what sort of time period we talking about?

We had a 2 accidents in his where the yaris was only scratched! The first one of the neighbours decided to go for a drunken drive and reversed into the yaris in his 4x4! Rear bumper, drivers rear lights and some of the rear quarter was damaged and ours had a few scrathces!

The second was when the bus hit us, not much damage to the bus and yaris only had a light scratch which was polished out!

Go Yaris!

I suggest you stay indoors! Thats bad. In what sort of time period we talking about?

Thats not very fair to suggest that someone whos had 2 accidents should stay indoors! From what JapBlack says, neither was his fault. I've had two aswell, neither my fault, 10 months apart from each other, so should I stay indoors too?? :angry: Its other people causing the accidents, not us!!

Thats not very fair to suggest that someone whos had 2 accidents should stay indoors! From what JapBlack says, neither was his fault. I've had two aswell, neither my fault, 10 months apart from each other, so should I stay indoors too??  :angry: Its other people causing the accidents, not us!!

At no point did i suggest it was his or her fault. I meant they should stay indoors for their own safety. The accidents both sounded bad and i felt for the driver.

Chill!

Thats not very fair to suggest that someone whos had 2 accidents should stay indoors! From what JapBlack says, neither was his fault. I've had two aswell, neither my fault, 10 months apart from each other, so should I stay indoors too??  :angry: Its other people causing the accidents, not us!!

At no point did i suggest it was his or her fault. I meant they should stay indoors for their own safety. The accidents both sounded bad and i felt for the driver.

Chill!

Regardless of how bad they were, the whole point is to get back out there to show the loons on the road that they arent gonna stop us driving!

My accidents were horrible and very scary, you think it'd put me off, but sometimes you've just gotta get back out there, otherwise you'd be scared forever and you'd never leave the house. Heck I could get hit by a bus tomorrow! Life is for living, not for hiding away! :thumbsup:

I'm due another accident in September, am I gonna stay off the road? Am I heck! :D :D

Lol, I like your attitude, DA, like you say you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, I'd rather live a short life that I've enjoyed than a long life where I havent done anything in fear of dying. All together now: WE SHALL NOT, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED.......... :P

Chill!

Regardless of how bad they were, the whole point is to get back out there to show the loons on the road that they arent gonna stop us driving!

My accidents were horrible and very scary, you think it'd put me off, but sometimes you've just gotta get back out there, otherwise you'd be scared forever and you'd never leave the house. Heck I could get hit by a bus tomorrow! Life is for living, not for hiding away! :thumbsup:

I'm due another accident in September, am I gonna stay off the road? Am I heck! :D :D

Did Ferrari hit a nerve DA? :yes:

If a friend of mine had two severe accidents in any space of time (10months, 2 years), where both times their car had been rolled DUE TO SOME ONE ELSES DRIVING.

I'd probably make the same passing (JOKING) comment because I'd be worried for their Safety, but they know I wouldn't be serious about staying indoors.

My real advice would be the same, get back out there and try your best not to let it affect you.

Lol, I like your attitude, DA, like you say you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, I'd rather live a short life that I've enjoyed than a long life where I havent done anything in fear of dying. All together now: WE SHALL NOT, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED..........  :P

yes but weve been hit by a bus and are still here! so as long as its in a yaris youll be fine! :lol:

Chill!

Did Ferrari hit a nerve DA? :yes:

If a friend of mine had two severe accidents in any space of time (10months, 2 years), where both times their car had been rolled DUE TO SOME ONE ELSES DRIVING.

I'd probably make the same passing (JOKING) comment because I'd be worried for their Safety, but they know I wouldn't be serious about staying indoors.

My real advice would be the same, get back out there and try your best not to let it affect you.

LOL its a pet peeve of mine - its like just because I've had a couple of fairly serious accidents, I've automatically got the car lurgy or something and yeah I do get touchy about it - but isnt that a womans prerogative? :lol:

Its the same with most things though - I could joke that I'm fat, but if you said to me "Corr aint you a fatty", I'd be well peed at you! Same with this, I joke about my accidents, because sometimes thats the best way to deal with them and get over them, but if someone makes a comment or jokes about it, I'm immediately on the defensive and I think that'd be the same for the majority of people who've had to try and deal with having a prang, serious or not - humour is the best medicine!

One write-off, and one nasty dent for me in the space of 7 months.

At this rate, I'll be due another February time.... :D

Wow, i certainly plucked up some interest after my post here. lol. Yeah i stayed indoors for a while, under the covers. I thought there may be cars just outside my bedroom door waiting to hit me. Was a trying time. :thumbsup:

I will be atempting to post pics of the interior, exterior and engine bay come friday when i get it back. The bodywork is being fitted this week. Get it back on thursday from that then friday it gets the suspension and seats put in.

JapBlack, do you go cruising the streets of Glasgow? I've not seen you about the town centre???

Drop me a PM when you'll be about next and I'll meet you, your car sounds class. :thumbsup:

I might go out for a cruise this saturday for a bit, if i can be assed. lol. My piggyback chip for the ECU arrived today along with the Ecotek Valve. Drop me a pm with ur moby and ill txt u if and when i go fr a cruise.

Did Ferrari hit a nerve DA?  :yes: 

There you are you see. I didn't really mean 'stay indoors' or your a threat to society. This qoute explains it.

LOL its a pet peeve of mine - its like just because I've had a couple of fairly serious accidents, I've automatically got the car lurgy or something and yeah I do get touchy about it - but isnt that a womans prerogative?  :lol:

Its the same with most things though - I could joke that I'm fat, but if you said to me "Corr aint you a fatty", I'd be well peed at you! Same with this, I joke about my accidents, because sometimes thats the best way to deal with them and get over them, but if someone makes a comment or jokes about it, I'm immediately on the defensive and I think that'd be the same for the majority of people who've had to try and deal with having a prang, serious or not - humour is the best medicine!

Ok so you've just said that humour is the best medicine - but its seems only if its come out of your own mouth? I'll watch out in future. :ph34r:

:thumbsup:

Did Ferrari hit a nerve DA?  :yes: 

There you are you see. I didn't really mean 'stay indoors' or your a threat to society. This qoute explains it.

LOL its a pet peeve of mine - its like just because I've had a couple of fairly serious accidents, I've automatically got the car lurgy or something and yeah I do get touchy about it - but isnt that a womans prerogative?  :lol:

Ok so you've just said that humour is the best medicine - but its seems only if its come out of your own mouth? I'll watch out in future. :ph34r:

:thumbsup:

Now who needs to chill!

I understand now you were just joking - but you've gotta understand that its easy for it to not sound like a joke. Its only a joke if the other person takes it as such! :thumbsup: Also without voice tones, its always hard to percieve how people are "speaking" on a forum - if you'd put a big smiley smiley after it, then it would have been obvious it was a joke!

Anyway, that was soo yesterday! Time to get over it! lol

I understand now you were just joking - but you've gotta understand that its easy for it to not sound like a joke. Its only a joke if the other person takes it as such!  :thumbsup: Also without voice tones, its always hard to percieve how people are "speaking" on a forum - if you'd put a big smiley smiley after it, then it would have been obvious it was a joke!

I see where your coming from. And i know it must be hard to deal with stuff like that. I'm still screwed up about the trolly incident which hasn;t been sorted yet!

All done and dusted. :thumbsup:

I understand now you were just joking - but you've gotta understand that its easy for it to not sound like a joke. Its only a joke if the other person takes it as such!  :thumbsup: Also without voice tones, its always hard to percieve how people are "speaking" on a forum - if you'd put a big smiley smiley after it, then it would have been obvious it was a joke!

I see where your coming from. And i know it must be hard to deal with stuff like that. I'm still screwed up about the trolly incident which hasn;t been sorted yet!

All done and dusted. :thumbsup:

Yeah, all forgotten now buddy! :thumbsup::thumbsup: