Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adjustable Coilovers

shahidafridi

WHERE DO U FIND THE NUTS OR WATEVER TO ADJUST THEM

ARE THEY IN THE BACK AND FRONT???

IF SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE??

MANY THANKS

What make are they. :unsure:

PS. Caps lock off.... No need to shout. :thumbsup:

What make are they.  :unsure:

PS. Caps lock off.... No need to shout.  :thumbsup:

sorry they r off now....

i think HKS but not too sure to b hnst!

doubt that helps!?

HKS-Mazda-RX-7-1760-SZ004.jpg

Similar to these?  :unsure:

uurgh i dunno where to check for them to say yes or no

!!!!!

yup im a bit thick!!!

It`s easy when you know. Whip a wheel off and look at the shock absorber. As your looking at it there should be a castelated ring below the spring on the threaded portion of the shock. (Thats the purple thing in the piccy) You need to adjust this alter the spring rate. Wind it up the shock to stiffen and down to soften the springing. You`ll need a spanner as shown in the picture. If you haven`t got one a M/Cycle dealer should be able to help you out.

To adjust the damping, There are a couple of options depending on what shocks you have fitted. Under the bonnet you`ll be looking for the top suspension mounts. Thats each side of the engine bay about two thirds the length of the engine bay back. Three bolts with a big rubber ring in the middle. In the middle of that there will be either a Knurled adjuster knob or a plastic cap. If it`s just the knob then you turn that. Anti clockwise will decrease the damping and clockwise will increase it. If there`s just a plastic cap, Remove it. You should be able to slide an allen key (Not sure of the size - Prob 6 or 7mm) down the tube and engage it into the adjuster. Adjust the same as you would the knob.

The rears adjust the same but you need to remove the speaker grills behind the rear seats on each side and you should be able to see them.

This is not 100% accurate as i haven`t come across HKS ones myself, so not sure how they do theirs. Hope it`s some help to you though. Although if your not very mechanically minded you would probably be better off going to a local performance workshop or similar and let them play with the set up. It`s very easy to get it VERY wrong. :yes:

Just had a thought . Is yours a Gen 5 or 6? Cos i`m not sure if the Gen6 has the rear top mounts under a speaker cover. :unsure:

wow daktari....u certainly know ur stuff il give u that!! n thanks!

its a gen 6 import

but ur prob right id prob mess it up so best to take it to sume1 who knows what they r doin!

It should be easy to alter them, it's knowing what to alter them to thats hard. Have you got a problem with the current set up? If not leave them alone. Otherwise take it to a garage explain what suspension is fitted and tell them what problem you are having and they'll be able to tweak it charge lots of money and everyones happy :D

where i live there is no problem

but i have relatives in brum whom i visit and the humps wont do the car any good especially since its been lowered quiet a bit!!!

i would do some serious damage there i reckon, so id rather get it raised a little before i mess up the fromt bumper...that will be the least of my worries!!!!

It should be easy to alter them, it's knowing what to alter them to thats hard. Have you got a problem with the current set up? If not leave them alone. Otherwise take it to a garage explain what suspension is fitted and tell them what problem you are having and they'll be able to tweak it charge lots of money and everyones happy :D

It`s easy when you know. Whip a wheel off and look at the shock absorber. As your looking at it there should be a castelated ring below the spring on the threaded portion of the shock. (Thats the purple thing in the piccy) You need to adjust this alter the spring rate. Wind it up the shock to stiffen and down to soften the springing. You`ll need a spanner as shown in the picture. If you haven`t got one a M/Cycle dealer should be able to help you out.

To adjust the damping, There are a couple of options depending on what shocks you have fitted. Under the bonnet you`ll be looking for the top suspension mounts. Thats each side of the engine bay about two thirds the length of the engine bay back. Three bolts with a big rubber ring in the middle. In the middle of that there will be either a Knurled adjuster knob or a plastic cap. If it`s just the knob then you turn that. Anti clockwise will decrease the damping and clockwise will increase it. If there`s just a plastic cap, Remove it. You should be able to slide an allen key (Not sure of the size - Prob 6 or 7mm)  down the tube and engage it into the adjuster. Adjust the same as you would the knob.

The rears adjust the same but you need to remove the speaker grills behind the rear seats  on each side and you should be able to see them.

This is not 100% accurate as i haven`t come across HKS ones myself, so not sure how they do theirs. Hope it`s some help to you though. Although if your not very mechanically minded you would probably be better off going to a local performance workshop or similar and let them play with the set up. It`s very easy to get it VERY wrong.  :yes:

Just had a thought . Is yours a Gen 5 or 6? Cos i`m not sure if the Gen6 has the rear top mounts under a speaker cover.  :unsure:

speaker cover? lol

I kid ye not. On the Gen 5. remove the speaker grille to get to the rear shock top mounts. Strange but true. :D

but i have relatives in brum whom i visit and the humps wont do the car any good especially since its been lowered quiet a bit!!!

i would do some serious damage there i reckon, so id rather get it raised a little before i mess up the fromt bumper...that will be the least of my worries!!!!

Altering the coil length wont lower or raise the car any significant amount. It`ll just make it stiffer. :thumbsup:

Altering the coil length wont lower or raise the car any significant amount. It`ll just make it stiffer. :thumbsup:

so what do u suggest daktari??

Well you can certainly try and stiffen them see if that helps, You will get less compression as the wheels hit the ramps. That`ll stop the car going down quite so low.But it wont do anything for your ride quality. Or you could try refitting some original shocks and springs. Depends how you want the car to look. I think whatever you do you`ll end up with a compromise. !Removed! speed ramps :ffs: :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links