Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Speaker Size

purvesh81

Hi peeps,

Was wondering if anyone knew the size of the front Speakers for avensis 99- the dealers no help, the dont have dimensions, and i'm not a pro, so i havent taken the door off myself to see... :wacko: ICE installers have no real idea either, any help would be much appreciated.. Thanks.

Dunno myself either, would like to know aswell.

However I can say, your avensis looks rather smart! What size alloys are they? I've seen a few "done up" avensis' but half of them look real crap. There seems to be a fine line with them when modding. A few i've seen (normally taxi's) end up lookin like council estate racers!

:thumbsup:

I have an 2002 avensis and the Speakers are 6'.

but you can fit in 6.5' also. check the link for DIY

http://www.2003corolla.org/phpbb/viewtopic...c3ffbca2e028cc6

oops 1 inch tweeters too!

:crybaby:

my car lost its virginity yesteday ....

I park it and when I came back a :censor: bus was on it !

:censor: :censor: :censor: busdriver really an :censor: hole (malakas)

damage more than 3000€!!

Sorry for the delay in replying.... thanx for the help sakelp, hope the :censor: admits liability, n his insurance pays up!!

Cheers sjrainsford! Yeah i know what you mean, I drive around in my car n it seems as if I'm the only youngster driving one!! The wheels are only 15" straight from toyota, they look mint bcause the cars lowered n there always kept clean n with no kerbing!! its amazing what keepin them clean n a bit of tyre dressin does.. they'l b looking for a new home soon :thumbsup:

I think when i went to get measured for some Speakers it was the 6.5" he was going to put in mine.

Here's some pics of mine sj,does it mean i have to go and buy a white tracksuit now :crybaby:

post-4-1056444898.jpg

Any Idea if 6 x 9's can be fitted?? Mines the Saloon seems like the rear shelf looks like its part of the car, (metal underside) would this affect anything?

You'd need to strengthen that shelf i'm afraid, they are supported with struts but they do begin to sag - well mine has a bit with no Speakers. Then because it's not tight against the boot opening it begins to rattle! Never mind though, a quick gentle bend sorts it out again!

:thumbsup:

Hiya sorted avensis!

Nah, leave the tracksuit - that's more Fast and Furious. I like it! You must have spent some money on it! :drool:

Thanx ken...i'll go for the infinity kappa's 6.5", rides lookin heavy....

Prox, I've got 6x9s on my self with crossovers, yeah you have to watch out for the support bars, but done properly you'll have no problem, ie no sagging. Its a good idea to get the whole shelf carpeted over while your at it...

:thumbsup: Hi!

Well I had the same proble with the rear spkrs. So I decided not to make holes to the metal an to install a table with 2 6x9 and 2 tunning pipes, :drool: all behind the rear seats.

If you dont want to show your gadgets, just dont rebate the seats!.

Front Spkrs are factory 6" and i put 6.5''.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

OK, tomorow Ill ask someone in the office for a digital camera to send you some pics. B) Let me see what I can do.

Cee Yaa...

Coyote From BA

Argentina

Thanx... so jus to make finally sure, even tho the factories are 6" i can put in 6.5" without any extra brackets or anything? Just to make sure

Thanx for the advice and help...

The fitter i was speaking to at the time until steve r stepped in was going to fit 6.5"infinitys.

So he says they go :unsure: But i had the cash waiting so can't see him lying <_<

Coyote drives a corona not an avensis but it would be nice to see how his install has gone on the back shelf and i'm interested to see how he has done it.Doesn't affect me as a hatch but might give the saloons a few ideas :thumbsup:

Yes you are right. Mine is a Corona not an Avensis. But some ideas might help, dont you Think?

Well about the pictures Im on it, Ill get'em soon.

The table Im installing is still in development, but i could test the sound and it's great!!!.

You said you drive a hatch, I dont know what do you have in terms of sound in rear part, But what I did in my old AE101 Liftback, was to build a vented box of 100 litres aprox, where a pair of 6X9, an amp and tunning pipes were fitted. In the inside had all surfaces covered with a special material to isolate sound etc. It was really good, for the Corona is useless :unsure:

purvesh81: You asked about special brackets. In my case yes, because my spkrs are Pionner 6.5", so I had to prepare some metal brackets. Dont worry, Ill show some pictures to explain it better ( My english dont go so far.... :P ).

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

I BOUGHT AN AVENSIS A WEEK AGO AND THE DRIVERS SIDE FRONT SPEAKER WAS NOT WORKING, I MANAGED TO FIT A 6.5 SPEAKER BUT BEWARE OF THE DEPTH, I GOT ROUND THIS BY INSERTING CORK SRTIP BETWEEN SPEAKER AND DOOR MOUNT, IF I HADNT OF DONE THE WINDOW WOULD OF SMASHED ON ITS WAY DOWN, HAD TO BE BRUTAL ASWELL TO GET THE OLD CRAP SPEAKER OUT ITS RIVETED IN

Yea that would be much appreciated coyote!

And bazzacfc, thats definately some valuable info you shared, will tell the fitter to be careful of the same prob.. i think im gona have a depth prob to, y does the space have to be so thin!?! argghhhh... Thanx again..

Well, what's promized is a debt...

purvesh81:

Here you have some pictures that may ilustrate what I did to install the front spkrs in my corona. Hope this helps!

(In the secuence you will find how I removed the cover, how the Spkr is mounted and what are the "brackets" i was talking about, simple twisted metal rings. It may look like a scrappy job, but it works very good.)

PD: The other pictures, about the table and that staff, im still working on it. Please be patient....

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

post-4-1057168625.jpg

We are a patient bunch Coyote :P :lol:

Just take your time and when it's done pop up the pics,also put up some pics of your corona as they would be nice to see as well :thumbsup:

OK, this a picture some kind of... artistic (OK its taken from a brochure). Mine is exactly the same, a shinning grey Silver Arrow as I call him.

As I said havent touched it at all, except this little things like sound and Speakers.

Im searching some info to install an intercooler and to increase a little the turbo preasure.

Also I have been working for a couple of years in my free time on a portable computer to collect data for statistics, like water temp, oil preaure, consumption, and on. It just a hobby for me... :P

Thats why I asked about the diagnosis port under the hood.

Im still working on the rest of the pictures, the problem is that Im not allowed to take out of the office the digital camera, so I have to bring everything to work! <_<

Cee Yaa...!

Coyote from BA

Argentina

post-4-1057236680.jpg