Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temperature Gauge

SamK1984

does anyone know where the temperature gauge/sensor can be unplugged??? my gauge isnt working and ive got a pretty long drive coming up and i dont wnt to risk it over heating without me knowing. can anyone suggest anything i can do?? cheers

does anyone know where the temperature gauge/sensor can be unplugged??? my gauge isnt working and ive got a pretty long drive coming up and i dont wnt to risk it over heating without me knowing.  can anyone suggest anything i can do?? cheers

Why would you want to unplug it? :wacko: If it's not working, unplugging it will achieve nothing. You probably need a new temperature sender, it'll be one of the ones on the hot water outlet pipe on the LH side of the engine.

Has it ever over heated before? If your electric fan works (and the faulty temp guage won't affect it), then I wouldn't worry unless you have a history of overheating.

no i havent unplugged it :P i just want to check if it has been unplugged and not put back together, because the guy i bought it from seems to have bodged some stuff. the fan comes on fine yea, and it hasnt over heated on me before. and the guy didnt mention it, but you wouldnt if you were trying to flog it i suppoe!!