Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1974 Corolla Coupe

Twincam.GTi

Fellow members may remember in the past week that a fellow member was trying to offer a car for sale and quite rightly the moderators removed the threads as the person was not a paid up member.

The car was a 1974 Corolla Coupe. Due to it being a rare old timer I thought it might be interesting to pm the member and ask about the vehicle.

Here is the Corolla KE27 (which is rare), but not just a KE27 Corolla…it’s the coupe (which is rarer still!)!

karendad1.jpg

The member states:

“There’s no M.O.T left on it as it’s been in the garage for about ten years. There’s 90,000 miles on the clock. In very good condition, may need a few rust patches sorting out underneath but nothing major. My dad has serviced it himself from new."

It’s a shame it has no M.O.T/not on road (will need work and I’m sure a bit of welding) but the fact it has been family owned from new for past 31years is also unusual

I just thought a Corolla like this would be of interest to this forum in view of the fact it was cars like this that showed the world how reliable Jap cars could be.

If it wasn’t for Corollas like this being successful in the past there may not have been a Corolla version today.

P.S. Hope I have not offended any moderators by contacting owner, it’s just I felt a car like this needs to be mentioned.

very nice :thumbsup: , sure brings back some memories for me, if only it was in BLACK :crybaby::ph34r:

waqarv Posted Today, 11:58 AM

very nice  , sure brings back some memories for me, if only it was in BLACK

Black :yes: and... ...lowered with some nice deep dished 70's custom wheels :drool:

A true Jap Retro Cruiser

I think about £300 to £500, (I know it's got no M.O.T but wondered about rarity side of things).

I know of a KE27coupe a couple of years back that went for £700 :eek:

(Think it must be because of the 'rally image' attached to the coupe)

I know of a KE27coupe a couple of years back that went for £700 

And that had no M.O.T either!

she's a beaut! agreed... some tasteful rims and an inch lower... beautiful!

I think about £300 to £500, (I know it's got no M.O.T but wondered about rarity side of things).

I know of a KE27coupe a couple of years back that went for £700 :eek:

(Think it must be because of the 'rally image' attached to the coupe)

hmmm...

any idea where the car is?

Fidgits Posted Yesterday, 02:16 PM

hmmm...

any idea where the car is?

Its in a little village nr Worksop, Nottinghamshire

Is the car still forsale?

If so is it possible to come and have a look sometime this week?

please email jaygtir@hotmail

Thanks

Jay

£3000, OMG

It must be worth a grand id have thought depends on how concours it is, would have a lovely car if someone had ae86 running gear.

Ive seen a few of em advertised lately for around the £6-700 mark

Right chaps mass appologies to you all I did not know they wanted this much. I mentioned between £300 - £700 and they seemed fine about it.

Sorry for any confusion caused. :yes:

Thats the last time I help anybody try and sell a car :ffs:

£3000 ... What a dreamer!

86jay: Very sorry, didn't mean for you to waste your time I honestly didn't realise he wanted that much :crybaby:

JT: your right at 3000 grand (and not M.O.T) it will be a very long, long wait, if at all.

ErcamAE86: Yes thats what I was led to believe ...up to £700mark.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for trying to help out selling the car.My father dosnt want it to go for less than 8-900 as he wants people to appreciate it n not turn it into a rally car.He wold still like to recieve offers for the car and we know its not worth 3000 someone else put that on