Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Brought My First Mr2!

nathanfreke

Hi, after selling my Corolla i just purchased a Black Rev 3 MR2 Turbo. Its got a Jasma exhaust on it (never heard of them, i guess its Japanese!) Raybrig headlamps, recaro interior and a Defi boost gague.

I have a lot of experience with engines but only N/A motors not turbo. I want to increase the boost a bit as i have a friend who has a gt4 with increased boost and it goes very well.

I was just wondering what is the easiest / cheapest / safest way of doing it? Also whats the max safest boost you can run on these engines??

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Welcome to MR2 world Nathan.

Sorry can't help you on your question as mine's NA.

Tony

if youve only just got it do you not think its a bit safer to keep it standard for a while? just till you get used to it and you can see if it has any problems

I'm not gonna do the boost mod just yet, maybe in a few weeks time. I'm just doin my research now so i can plan my spending!!!

Thanks,

if youve only just got it do you not think its a bit safer to keep it standard for a while? just till you get used to it and you can see if it has any problems

My sentiments exactly.. :yes:

but for when you do increase it.. the easiest way is a bleed vale which costs £17.50 and you can safely turn the boost up to about 15/16Psi without risking anything major..

I would however suggest you play about with the motor first and get used to it before playing with the boost.. that way you will be confident in your driving before you up the boost for some more fun.. :rolleyes:

Guest rev3turbo

i'm with you fizz,

so when u gonna feel confident enough in ur own greenhouse car n turn yours up, or is that the real reason for selling............

cos it scares you fat boi :P

i'm with you fizz,

so when u gonna feel confident enough in ur own greenhouse car n turn yours up, or is that the real reason for selling............

cos it scares you fat boi  :P

any more smart a$$ remarks from you and all your secrets will be out!.. ohh.. wait a min.. you already 'came out' with your pink hat at JAE!.. :lol: :P

I'd still beat you round a track fat boi.. and you know it.. :P What was that quote you said about me at brunters.. "Fizz was driving like a deamon".. lol Only cos i spun off twice.. when i got a little excited. :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly.. :yes:

but for when you do increase it.. the easiest way is a bleed vale which costs £17.50 and you can safely turn the boost up to about 15/16Psi without risking anything major..

I would however suggest you play about with the motor first and get used to it before playing with the boost.. that way you will be confident in your driving before you up the boost for some more fun.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys but i feel pretty confident in my driving now.... i race for a living!!

www.nathan-freke.co.uk

Thanks again,

Nathan

The "JASMA" is a certification thingy afaik. It's to do with noise regulations and as per Jap law it means that the back box's will be below 96db.

-Z