Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ah New To The Supra Thing What One?

Daston

Hi all,

Thinking of getting a Supra next month have 6k to spend however I want a manual and it needs to be a UK one as I can't afford the insurance on an inport.

Anyone got any ideas at what model i should be looking for (wish to get one around the 1995 year)

Cheers

sorry mate.

£6k for a Supra is reasonable..

BUT, you wont find a decent UK spec one for that...

and you dont stand a chance of finding a manual UK spec for less than £10k (they are the rarest of the lot).

If you cant afford the insurance on an import, then i suggest you hunt for an old UK auto - you might be able to find a high miler and knock them down..

:yes: to be fair mate, you can shop around a bit and find someone who'll insure them as the same, uk version... not happenin :thumbsup:

hello and welcome.

the simple fact is u just wont get a uk manual for that money, u may get a uk auto for 8.5/9k. but dont expect it to have 30k miles on the clock. just remember that these cars are now 10years+ old. dont be put off by "high milege" cars, as long as they have been looked after and serviced regualar, u shouldnt have any problems.

hopefully ive been of help, baz

For your insurance matter either try www.elephant.co.uk or www.confused.com, im 20 at the mo, 21 in dec and im after a supra for then, elephant quoted me 990 fully comp on a uk spec supra TT worth 10k WITH telling them about mod's i.e alloys, full exaust and induction kit which i thought was extremely cheap as ive got a golf gttdi at the min and they want only 200 quid less than the supra,

so try them insurance comp's! Good luck!

ben :D

cheers just tried admiral got a quote of 1100 Third party fire & theft for a Turbo import didnt think it was too bad only 100 more than my old MR2 (oh I'm 21 and just become single hence the need for a stupidly powerful car) oh and how steady is the car as my MR2 (it was 1992 Mk2) became very light at 110 (on a private road) and if someone sneezed it felt like it would spin very quickly. Is this the same on a supra as I thought the wider wheels and body would help

oh another thing what is the difference between the turbo and twin turbo as the insurance is the same

Same thing - either n/a or Turbo.

You can get after market single turbo conversions but this is not what insurers are referring to when they say 'turbo' - they are just dropping the word twin.

get a mk 3 supra you wont be disapointed hee hee :thumbsup: plus you will have cash left over to play with in fact quite a lot of cash to play with just think of what you can do to a mark 3 with about 3 - 4 k left over hmmmm lots :hokus-pokus: welcome by the way ;)

If you are serious about getting a Supra then FORGET 3rd PARTY INSURANCE - You NEED FULLY COMP.

And bear in mind these cars are awesome pieces of engineering and have a lot inside them that can go wrong so if you are not getting any sort of decent warrenty (unlikely if not a dealer sale) then be warned that if something goes wrong then you could be facing a massive repair bill.

cheers just tried admiral got a quote

Now say three 'hail marys'. Wouldn't use Admiral (or any of their sister companies) if they were the last one on eath :angry:

oh another thing what is the difference between the turbo and twin turbo as the insurance is the same

One's a MK3 and one's a MK4 (for the purposes of insurance companies)

As people are alluding to, remember these were 40k carss when new and whilst the price of the cars has come down, not all the parts do in relation