Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Percy Pig

Fidgits

Sweets from Marks and Spencer...

in a little bag - look like 'kiddie' sweets, but trust me - if you have a sweet tooth you'll love these

:D

'Kiddie sweets' are always best mate, went to a market stall recently where they did all the classics.

Cost me a fortune, then and when I next visit the dentist!!!

Oh well... :drool:

there was the big sweetie stand at JAE :drool: It had all fudge on and marzipan and sweeties!! oooh i hadnt had marzipan in a while! Tasted really good aswell!

there was the big sweetie stand at JAE  :drool: It had all fudge on and marzipan and sweeties!! oooh i hadnt had marzipan in a while! Tasted really good aswell!

I gave that stand a miss and headed straight for the pastry stand! lol

I love sweeties though - cola bottles and wiggly worms were my faves - back in my day my Mum used to give me and my brother 30p each and we used to walk to the local shop and buy a bag of penny and two-penny sweets each.

Can you still get penny sweets??

30p!!! :eek:

I only ever got 10p and we used to go and get a 10p mix

Yes you can still get penny sweets, although all the half penny ones have gone now :(

Can you still get penny sweets??

Yes you can but they are'nt that good anymore :(

My favorite sweetie is fire balls! :drool:

'Kiddie sweets' are always best mate, went to a market stall recently where they did all the classics.

Cost me a fortune, then and when I next visit the dentist!!!

Oh well... :drool:

yeah - we have a sweet shop in town now - proper throwback with all the sweets in the tubs up on the shelves...

and penny sweets were great.. :D

Yes you can still get penny sweets, although all the half penny ones have gone now :(

Half pennys a bit before my time..... lol

It wasn't that long ago!! I'm only 22 they used to do them at the local shop - you could get half penny gummy bears, so I could get 20 for my 10p. You weren't allowed to just buy 1 :yes:

It wasn't that long ago!! I'm only 22 they used to do them at the local shop - you could get half penny gummy bears, so I could get 20 for my 10p. You weren't allowed to just buy 1 :yes:

we never had that at our shop, they were all either 1p or 2p for the luxury penny sweets! lol

btw I'm 23, so I'm actually older than you, that kinda backfired on me then! lol

We never had half-penny ones though...... I always remember Mum and Dad going on about things being half a penny though.....

Must be posh round your way if they were 2p :D

We always used to pee the shop owner off by asking for 5 of them and wanting half a penny change.

Things do seem expensive now though, generally if I want sweets like that I have to get Haribo or something similar and it'll cost me about a pound - I suppose you do get more but you don't get 100!!!

i remember half penny sweets as well!

crikey DA :P

the best shop now is the post office its like 30p for 100grams of spice

Must be posh round your way if they were 2p :D

We always used to pee the shop owner off by asking for 5 of them and wanting half a penny change.

Things do seem expensive now though, generally if I want sweets like that I have to get Haribo or something similar and it'll cost me about a pound - I suppose you do get more but you don't get 100!!!

yeah kids these days..... it was so much better in our day! :lol::lol:

Don;t let Milly see this!!!

She even has a special way of eating them!

there was the big sweetie stand at JAE  :drool: It had all fudge on and marzipan and sweeties!! oooh i hadnt had marzipan in a while! Tasted really good aswell!

Still got some left in the house, well some of the Baileys Fudge anyway, haven't had such ggod fudge in donkeys....

Before your time lol, you trying to tell us something, you calling us antiques :D :D :D

Still got some left in the house, well some of the Baileys Fudge anyway, haven't had such ggod fudge in donkeys....

ooooooh yeah that was really nice! I had to eat all of mine at JAE it was soooo nice! just had the marzipan when i got home!

Before your time lol, you trying to tell us something, you calling us antiques :D :D :D

Nahh I prefer the phrase "Golden Oldies" :lol::lol:

The cheek of youngsters these days, would never have been able to talk to elders like that when I was a lad... I'll smack your bottom next tmie I see ya :D :D :D :D :D

The cheek of youngsters these days, would never have been able to talk to elders like that when I was a lad... I'll smack your bottom next tmie I see ya :D :D :D :D :D

I better not mention that when I was a lad, penny dainties (old penny)were like half bricks, not like the namby pamby one bite and it's gone stuff now! :P :lol:36_5_5.gif

I always call you old, but you never smack my bum :crybaby::lol:

Talking of percy pigs, got a big 400g bag on my desk ;) :thumbsup:

When we went to Marks & Spencer today we got some of these Percy Pigs and yes they are yummy :) havent had sweets like that for ages so it was a real change!!

:thumbsup: