Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bodyshop Qoute... Thoughts?

bluepaseo

Looked into a reccomended bodyshop today, they do loads of modified cars of various makes and tastes, asked for an estimate for the following,

Prepare and paint and fit the following, rear double wing spoiler £225, same for pair of front splitters £200 and colour code mirrors £75, making £500. Seems a bit pricey but apparently they allow for preparation as universal bits dont fit first time! By the time Ive bought the bits for about £300 its nearly a grand!!!! Any advice please?

Universal bits are a pain to fit, on the seo even spoilers are difficult because of the double skin in the boot, my gt4 spoiler took ages,, Id say 70 to fit the spoiler, 200 to paint the lot, need to see the splitters to quote fitting on them, post some pics up

Yep, certainly did rub off on me! Daz Hs car just looks so cool, but still looks like a Paseo :thumbsup:

Will get some other quotes soon. I reckon about £350 is about right, however these guys do seem to care about the cars they do.

Prices can vary quite wildly from one place to the next..............so can the finished article. Paying a bit more for a better job is well worth it in the long run.

I never rubbed off on anyone :ph34r::lol: :P

Does seem a bit pricey mind, but like Rich says its the finished article that counts ;)

I never rubbed off on anyone :ph34r:  :lol:  :P

Does seem a bit pricey mind, but like Rich says its the finished article that counts ;)

:blink: Scary thought that!!!!!

Mind you it is in the soft and pricey south, Ill wait and see come September what the finances are like, I dont mind paying if its a good job, all the others I have used before I wouldnt use again ;)

Had some quotes from local shops to do both my bumpers, quotes varied from £80 to £300...

Having a close look at the cheaper ones shows exactly why there prices are so low....

Defo worth paying the extra :D

ide pay the extra, otherwise you might have to spend the extra anyway whenever the cheap nasty job starts to peel from stonechips etc

Cheers, my thoughts really... oh well better start finding some cash :!Removed!:

Just made £20 on eBay :thumbsup: thats a start :lol:

random question, why on the paseo the colour yours and my own car are does it say BLUE???

It is blue!!! Some people say its green :eek: beats me as it looks blue, but in photos green. The colour name is Turquoise Mica and turquoise is blue? Anyway its a gorgeous colour, the best Paseo colour by far :thumbsup:

Going back to the question of the quote, i would say look at some of the work they have done and if your satisfied with it pay the extra as you know you will get perfection for the money.

People say i spent way too much getting my kit smoothed in and sprayed but i knew it would be perfect and i could demand perfection for the money paid! Unfortunatly with bodyshops, you get wat you pay for!!!

everyone expects perfection yet want to pay peanuts.

Perfection takes time - time costs money. Those prices are not unreasonable for good work.

well i've finally got my nippon front bumper and skirts so looking to get them done. what i'm doing tho is getting my paint from a proper manufacturer then getting it sprayed seperately. works out bit cheaper because the bodyshop do less work. now all i've got to do first is fit the !Removed! things before painting lol

good luck, does it look like they will fit well? btw, ICI generally make the best paint available. dont be tempted to buy cheap stuff ;)

hey bud yeah i agree fitting univesal parts isnt always the easyist this to do, because to make them fit flush n look correct sometimes takes a lil xtra time.

but as said if i was you i wouldnt cut corners jus because you can get a cheaper price.

Try giving AutoVision Styling a call for a quote on 01934 853843 i kno these people are not the closest to you, but they do absoulute fantastic quality work And have won loads of awards for paint and body work quality.

You either want to speak to Craig or Dan who are the owners menion that you kno me n they will prob cut you a good deal.

hope thats some help mate

oli