Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

V-power Racing

dj_davo

v-power.jpg

just got back from kefalonia.

lovely holiday, nice island, but its only a 600km round island. why the hell do they get 100 octane, while we are still on optimax?!

interesting though are the prices. at 1.42 euros to the pound, that v-power racing is 84.5p...

almost makes me feel that our prices aren't that bad? - :unsure: of course theirs is better fuel.

p.s got shouted at by the greek bloke in the picture - i think he thought i was a price competitor. :D

Back from holiday get some pictures up mate ;)

About the fuel hey we might be getting this stuff pretty soon. With all these modern cars running about they will be demanding better fuel soon to keep them running sweet.

So lets keep are fingers and toes crossed ;)

jerry!!

yeah i was using 100 when i went to TTE :D

shame i have to use 98 now :(

kimi x

aye mate.. we had that in Germany.. great stuff.. :yes: B)

interesting though are the prices. at 1.42 euros to the pound, that v-power racing is 84.5p...

almost makes me feel that our prices aren't that bad?

What do you mean "our prices aren't that bad"? :o

They have normal unleaded for E 1.025 - that's 71p per litre! We are being raped over fuel prices, bend over and let the government have their way with you. :angry::angry::angry:

is that 100 Research Octane Number or a different measure?

Japan - Motor Octane Number (MON)

USA / Canada - Road Octane Number.

Diesel is cetane number throughout the world (not heard of anything else anyway)

(Posting as Scionic)

It does f**k all for your car you stupid english idiots.

71p a litre for bog standard petroleum eh?

Wheres my ferry tickets...?? I'd be like the TV licence ad, taking 100 of those petrol cannisters with me and filling then up cheap..... the amount we're paying for petrol is ludicrous!

(Posting as Scionic)

He's right, it doesn't do anything. The higher the octane number the more resistance the fuel has to self ignition. Almost all cars these days will run on 95RON, so by having 100RON (assuming its the same scale) will do nothing apart from cost you more.

The only advantage is if you are running at very high pressure and close to the engine knocking in which case it'll be knock free.

or if you have an import which is setup to run on 100ron as standard!!!

Wheres my ferry tickets...?? I'd be like the TV licence ad, taking 100 of those petrol cannisters with me and filling then up cheap..... the amount we're paying for petrol is ludicrous!

Do you realise how long it would take to get a boat to Greece? You'd need a week off work so you could fill the tank!! I'd love to see you drive in France though!! :P

Do you realise how long it would take to get a boat to Greece? You'd need a week off work so you could fill the tank!! I'd love to see you drive in France though!! :P

Thats alright, get paid to go to Greece and get cheap petrol - wanna come with me? We'll make a holiday out of it! :lol:

(Posting as Scionic)

He's right, it doesn't do anything. The higher the octane number the more resistance the fuel has to self ignition. Almost all cars these days will run on 95RON, so by having 100RON (assuming its the same scale) will do nothing apart from cost you more.

The only advantage is if you are running at very high pressure and close to the engine knocking in which case it'll be knock free.

My car aint boosted, but needs the 100ron ..

Notice how they advertise ALL their prices. It gets on my nerves that they show UL and Deisel but never their SUL in this country ..

(Posting as Scionic)

Most cars built within the last five years will advance ignition up to take advantage of higher octane fuel. Not as good as a higher compression ratio, but it is still an advantage. Having said that, if your car will run on normal unleaded, it's probably not going to be more cost effective to use super unleaded.

aye mate.. we had that in Germany.. great stuff..  :yes:  B)

rocket fuel B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links