Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Typhoon Induction Kit + 'lift' = "oh My God!&

K19NE G

Just fitted my K&N Typhoon induction kit this evening. It was drizzling down on me, but I wouldn't give up! .....and then I went for a spin! I only briefly went into the 'lift' zone lastnight, but went for a proper 'spin' this time and I'm gobsmacked :drool:

The noise is awsome!!! :eek: The car sounds like it has a racing/rally engine, especially when it goes into 'lift'!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm grinning from ear to ear :D

Can't wait to fit my TTE back box at the weekend now. Obviously I'll be deaf if I keep the revs above 6,000rpm cos the noise is DEAFENING!!!!

Here's a link to some pics of the induction kit and my car. Sorry they're a bit crap, but so is the weather and I need to get my old GXi off the street to get some better angles! ;) Funny thing is, none of the pics represent the true colour of the car! :wacko:

My Corolla TSport

Was it a straight forward fit mate?You will like the sound even more with the TTE back box :thumbsup:

Just fitted my K&N Typhoon induction kit this evening. It was drizzling down on me, but I wouldn't give up! .....and then I went for a spin! I only briefly went into the 'lift' zone lastnight, but went for a proper 'spin' this time and I'm gobsmacked  :drool: 

The noise is awsome!!!  :eek:  The car sounds like it has a racing/rally engine, especially when it goes into 'lift'!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm grinning from ear to ear  :D

Can't wait to fit my TTE back box at the weekend now. Obviously I'll be deaf if I keep the revs above 6,000rpm cos the noise is DEAFENING!!!!

Here's a link to some pics of the induction kit and my car. Sorry they're a bit crap, but so is the weather and I need to get my old GXi off the street to get some better angles!  ;)  Funny thing is, none of the pics represent the true colour of the car!  :wacko:

My Corolla TSport

Just great... how much did it cost you to make the mods stated (including (any) increased insurance premiums...)

Was it a straight forward fit mate?You will like the sound even more with the TTE back box :thumbsup:

Yeah it's a straight fit. It took about 45mins to do on the front street with a socket set and screwdrivers. Only thing is the AFM wiring is a bit tight as can be seen at the top of the silver piping. I posted the instructions in a .pdf file on a post here not long back.

I've driven a pre-facelift TSport with TTE back box only on a test drive before and it just gives that extra 'rasping' sound without being overly loud which is good :thumbsup: Can't wait!

Just great... how much did it cost you to make the mods stated (including (any) increased insurance premiums...)

The induction kit cost £189 delivered.

The TTE back box cost £135 delivered.

The TSport mats cost £40 delivered.

I haven't checked my insurance yet as although I have transferred the policy from the GXi, I'm not using the car as I get the train to work these days! I only 'tested' the car on 'private' :ph34r: roads! I don't expect an induction kit and back box to raise the premium by too much. I'm paying £615 fully comp with Euro cover, 24yrs old, 3 years NCB, 6 years full licence & no points/claims/convictions with Norwich Union.

where do you get your TTE kit from mate?

eBay! :group-cuddles:

Do you have a cold air feed to the filter? Surely without one your just sucking in hot air?

I've fitted induction kits to previous cars and I agree they sound great, but I dont think they do much for the low down performance.

Do you think there's much of a performance change on yours?

k19ne G Just a quick question mate, i work at the burnaston plant and ive got a tsport on the company lease car plan im very intrested in fitting the kn typhoon kit like yours to my car but as its only on lease i ave to give it back after 2 years in orignal condition!. would it be an easy job to whack the k&n in and then put the old old airbox system back in before i hand it back? to avoid a big fine!

Do you have a cold air feed to the filter? Surely without one your just sucking in hot air?

I've fitted induction kits to previous cars and I agree they sound great, but I dont think they do much for the low down performance.

Do you think there's much of a performance change on yours?

In the fitting instructions, it tells you how to remove the existing cold air feed for the airbox, but I left this in as it doesn't conflict with the induction kit when it's fitted..... so plenty of cold air getting in. Anyway, with the engine design being as it is, with the manifold at the rear of the engine, there isn't as much heat soak at the front left of the engine where the induction filter is as there normally would!

I have felt a definite improvement in performance, but be warned, some people may not like the growl associated with fitting an induction kit, but I could listen to that engine note all day long!!! :rolleyes:

k19ne G Just a quick question mate, i work at the burnaston plant and ive got a tsport on the company lease car plan im very intrested in fitting the kn typhoon kit like yours to my car but as its only on lease i ave to give it back after 2 years in orignal condition!. would it be an easy job to whack the k&n in and then put the old old airbox system back in before i hand it back? to avoid a big fine!

Yes, there's comprehensive fitting instructions, and you don't have to cut anything so it should be easy to reverse the process as long as you don't lose the original parts!

Could someone plz explain the difference between an air filter and an induction kit? Bit confused :help:

Could someone plz explain the difference between an air filter and an induction kit?  Bit confused  :help:

both do the job intended, which is to clean the air entering the engine...

a standard air filter system is very restrictive compared to an induction kit.. it is designed to minimise air intake noise, but an induction kit removes all restrictive parts allowing air into the engine more rapidly giving more bhp output.

but the induction kit is louder as the air rushes in faster with a roar..

hope this helps kudos :thumbsup:

Yeh that clears it up, cheers! :thumbsup:

What kit do you actually get in an induction kit? I.e. what do you have to fit, under the bonnet?

Yeh that clears it up, cheers!  :thumbsup:

What kit do you actually get in an induction kit? I.e. what do you have to fit, under the bonnet?

Usually the filter itself, some metal or plastic piping (depending on the kit; mine is a polished alloy) to locate the filter in a cooler area of the engine bay, the clamps and collars needed to fit it, attachments for the air flow meter (AFM) etc and sometimes a cold air feed duct; in my case I just kept the existing cold air feed.

Looks great mate and love the T sport in red, haven't seen a red one yet!

Can you convince me more about the heat issue? TBH I would expect a drop in BHP after fitting that esp in the summer weather? Can you buy a closed induction kit for the T sport?

TIA

Wash it a new backbox from TTE ?

Thats cheap i payed € 329 for my new TTE backbox by my dealer

aaah rite cheers, that gives me a fairly good idea now!  :thumbsup:

Yep From injen airintake than the filter hangs behind the frontbumper so it does not sucks warm air in

but INJEN Airintake cost a lot :!Removed!:

Out of interest do you have to adjust the air / fuel mixture with these mods - or is the control system "closed-loop" and able to span the changed parameters without any issues ?

Out of interest do you have to adjust the air / fuel mixture with these mods - or is the control system "closed-loop" and able to span the changed parameters without any issues ?

Well all the existing vacuum hoses and air flow meter are still in place/utilised by the induction kit, so I assume that all this is handled by the ECU???

Yep, brand new from eBay. The seller works for Toyota so got it on a special me thinks! I'll take pics when I wash the car and the weather picks up :thumbsup:

Looks great mate and love the T sport in red, haven't seen a red one yet! 

Can you convince me more about the heat issue? TBH I would expect a drop in BHP after fitting that esp in the summer weather?  Can you buy a closed induction kit for the T sport?

TIA

Well I haven't noticed a drop in power anyway and although the sun hasn't been out it's been fairly muggy here. The car feels smoother at lower revs and definitely picks up more when you get towards the 'lift' zone.... Not too sure about the closed induction kit, but it wouldn't be too hard to make a custom shield. I also used the existing cold air feed, rather than remove it as per the fitting instructions....

Yep, brand new from eBay. The seller works for Toyota so got it on a special me thinks! I'll take pics when I wash the car and the weather picks up :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: You lucky BOY :crybaby: but you now how much i paid for my TTE Grand Prix wheels 17 inch with tyres and everything new :P