Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have A Read....

Calisto

Stolen from elsewere...

Why is it all so wrong?

When I went through school, I was beaten up by bullies who were never punished. In fact, I turned the lights off when I left the classroom and I got told off by the teacher for interfering. I was only trying to save energy.

When I voluntarily stayed on to do my A-levels, I was told I had to take General Studies and Physical Education in addition to my chosen subjects. If I didn’t go to P.E., the head of 6th form told me I would be expelled.

But I was never shown the correct posture for lifting heavy objects, or how to tackle any every day aspects of life. Neither did school teach me the country’s law: and yet ‘ignorance is no excuse’. I emailed the government to ask how I can find out what ‘the law’ is, and they told me that there is no one place where I can read all the laws.

I went to University, and the lecturer’s rarely turned up. Even when they did, they didn’t teach us anything we didn’t already know. 4 years of my life wasted without having an income – and now I must pay back my Student Loan.

Soon after, I bought a car for £2,000 and insured it for same. A dosey builder walked out in the road and the car in-front slammed on his brakes. So did I, but the guy in front had ABS. Because of a jaywalker, the accident was ‘my fault’ and I got £700 from the ‘insurance’. I had paid more than £700 in insurance. My car insurance then went up.

Now I earn £35,000 a year, and what do I get from that? I pay £528.42 in income tax a month, and £250.11 in ‘national insurance’ per month. But I can’t see a doctor or a dentist at all because they only open Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm, which is when I must be at work. However, asylum seekers and the unemployed have access to both a dentist and a doctor, free of charge. Even if I could see a doctor, they charge me £7 per prescription item, because I work. Isn’t the treatment paid for by my National Insurance, which I pay for out of my earnings? And, even if I could see a dentist, I have to pay for all treatment. So, what do I get for my N.I., exactly?

Out of my £2138 I have left per month, I must pay for my Private Pension, because despite paying Income Tax and National Insurance, the state pension won’t be around much longer, and they will almost certainly not pay me a penny when I retire. That leaves me with £2006 – good thing my company pays for the private healthcare – because there’s an 18-month waiting list for operations.

I’m trying to buy a house now – but the prices of shot up. My small 3-bedroomed semi-detatched house was a bargain at £120,000. That price is the bottom-line figure at which I need to pay the government ‘Stamp Duty’, which is 1%. No, not on the amount over £120k: on all of it. So, I need to give them £1,200 so I can buy my house. I’m not sure what for. A bunch of other charges amounted to another £1,000. The interest alone (at 5.99%) on buying my house costs me £599 a month. I can only afford to buy my house over 30 years, so I pay a measily £126 off the capital per month – leaving me with £1281 left a month.

Time for a bit more taxation - and why not! I must pay the reduced rate of £625 a year ‘Council Tax’. Except, they won’t let me pay it over 12-months, they want it over 10, and it has to be the first 10 months, so now I need to Shell out another £62.50 in tax this month, leaving me with £1218.50. What a bargain this tax is. For it, I get ‘police’, ‘fire’. ‘ambulance’ and ‘local council services’. Woo-hoo. Let’s see, when I call the cops because someone is breaking into my house, they say they “haven’t got anyone to send”, and yet there’s loads of them harassing motorists like me all over the country. The fire brigade are always on strike wanting more money – but if my house burns down they’ll only put the fire out – I have to also buy house buildings and contents insurance to have it rebuilt as well! And, I’ve never used any ‘local council services’ – the only ‘benefit’ seems to be that they are putting red paint, double yellow lines, and speed bumps everywhere. Oh, there is the library, but you have to pay to borrow CDs and DVDs… so I’m really not sure what ‘local council services’ we’re actually paying for. Nearly forgot to mention the refuse collection. We have to sort out all our rubbish ourselves. They’ll only collect the rubbish if it’s completely in the wheelie bin, sitting on the pavement, precisely 72cm from the kerb, with the handle facing the road and exactly parallel to the kerb. Oh, and the lid must be completely shut, otherwise it’s a safety hazard to the ‘waste management administrators’. Anyway, take away my £170 a year home buildings & contents insurance, leaves me with £1204 a month. (Why do I have to pay for contents insurance, if I’m paying for police to prevent the burgarlies, exactly?).

Let’s not forget that I need to get to work to earn all this money. To get to work, one must own a car. There is no other way. I travel 40 miles to the office, and 40 miles back home again, 5 days a week, 47 weeks a year. That’s 18,800 miles a year, and, even with my super-effient diesel engine, this costs me about 12p a mile at the current fuel prices. (Most of which is Fuel Excise Duty, oh, and VAT, by the way.). That’s £2256 a year to get to my place of work and back, or about another £188 off my income, leaving me now with £1016. But, I haven’t finished paying taxes on my transport just yet. Not included in these elusive ‘local council services’ apparently, is road maintenance. No, that’s an extra at the bargain price of £165 a year. They won’t let me pay for that monthly – no – they want it all up front. But, if I could, it brings my income down to £1002.25 a month, now a third of my monthly salary.

No no, we really must tax that transport some more. The vehicle that I strive so hard to maintain must be inspected by the government once a year – at cost to me of course. Repairs must be done as they deem necessary or I’m not allowed to use it. Let’s say that’s another modest £500 a year in such maintenance costs – about £41 a month. Now lets have some car insurance too – in case anyone without insurance crashes into me. That’s about another £700 – ooo – an opportunity for a bit more VAT on that as well. In fact, the VAT on that isn’t good enough – we’ll also pay some special Insurance Tax on it as well. So now I’m down to an average of £902.25 a month.

This well maintained comfortable alternative to a non-existent public transport system all costs lots of dosh to buy in the first place. So, I’m still paying for it. Actually I’m still paying for the first one, and all of the other ones in between too. My loan is costing me roughly £332.61 a month, which brings my income now down to just £569.64 a month.

(A little side-story: I say there’s no public transport, but actually London does have public transport – and therefore politicians believe the whole country has. I once saw some african man jump onto the line in front of the tube train which killed him. The train stopped running and we weren’t allowed to board it. I tried to get a refund on the tickets but the staff told me they were dealing with an ‘emergency’. I told them there was no emergency – as he is dead. He was probably an illegal immigrant, and we were funding his luxurious stay in this country, as we will also fund the cleanup operation and probably pay for a nice little wooden box to contain all the pieces of him.)

With my own little transport system costing me so much, it’s a good idea to save money on visiting friends by having a telephone. In fact, one must own a telephone because certain company’s forms are incomplete unless you put down your telephone number. And of course, these days, one must have a mobile phone. In fact, why not have a bit of broadband internet access too, so I can ‘work from home’, when my company aren’t happy with the 37½ hours of hard labor that I give them each week. All these set me back a measily £60 a month to pay Orange, BT and NTL. I’m now down to £509.64 – even using technology to replace my social life.

When I’m in my expensive little castle in England, I also need to pay for gas and electric. These are another £50 a month. The privilege of drinkable water, and sewage disposal cost me just £210.96 a year – or about £18 a month on top. Now down to £441.64

Of course, my mortgage provider is a little concerned that I will be 58 by the time I have finished repaying the £360,000+ capital and interest mortgage on my tiny little castle. I therefore need life insurance, in case I die. I wouldn’t want to short-change anyone by dying on them. That’s another £16.50 a month, in all. Leaving me with £425.14 a month.

It’s currently illegal for me to watch a single frame of our national telly. Even if I were to pay £30 odd quid a month for Sky or NTL, it would still be illegal. That’s because I don’t have a television license. You don’t need a license to have/make babies, but you must have one if you want to own a telly. That would set me back £10.54 on average per month, but I just can’t afford one.

Running out of money so quickly, wouldn’t it be good to have a bit of extra income? Great plan. How about the local computer shop down the road – maybe 8 hours on a Saturday might help my finances a little. Okay, they pay minimum wage – can’t be all that bad – how much is it £4.65 an hour gross. Right. But hang on, I’m in the 40% tax bracket. So working on Saturday will cost me £14.88 more Income Tax and roughly £4.46 on ‘National Insurance’, leaving me with a pityful £17.85 for a whole day’s work – and that doesn’t include the transport costs there and back. Maybe I’ll leave that one.

Crikey, I nearly forgot to eat. If I eat, I’ll be left with roughly £338.47 a month to live on. Whatever I buy out of that will be subject to the usual 17.5% tax again, which goes to the government. I’m sure I already paid tax about 4 times? I have to sit on the floor to eat, with the food on my lap. This is because I can’t afford furniture.

There’s not much left, and it’s all very exhausting. That’s why it’s good to save up for a holiday every now and again. But, hold on, I’m told I must pay a ‘Single-Person supplement’. Some travel agents won’t even let me book the holiday because there’s only one of me. I’ve been told that the only way to book through them is if I ‘invent’ the other passenger (Mary Jones?) and buy her plane ticket too. The fuel for these planes is ridiculously expensive. But. now I’m told I must pay a landing-tax of £15-20, and because of terrorists, I must pay a security-supplement of £10. I tell them I’m not a terrorist, but I still have to pay it. The terrorists didn’t need to pay it, did they? Did I mention the booking fee?

Turns out that a year’s living cost me £30,928.36. I guess I can’t apply for asylum because I’m the British-White minority. So I think the only way to get out of this horrible mess is I need to go out and commit a big crime. Yes, that’s it. Then I won’t need to work, and I’ll get everything paid for for me. I can even watch telly in jail – yay! I’ll even get ‘professional help’ and ‘support’ by a bunch of lentil munching do-good-ers. When I come out, I can just claim ‘jobseeker’s allowance’ and get a council house. Sorted.

If society punishes the honest citizen for doing an honest day’s work, and rewards the wilfully unemployed low life scum of this country, and any-old alien that wanders in, what do you expect but the country to go down the toilet? What freedom do we have left? What desire to live and better ourselves are you promoting? I am sick of political correctness, and I am sick of do-good-ers. I want a practical life and a practical society.

Makes you think eh????? <_<

That is very very inspiring. I actually read it all, and it makes me hate everything i already hated o so very very much.

Excellent find. Thats going in a word document for safe keeping now. But once thats done, Im out to commit a few house breakins, no-one can harm me, cause I can sue them, and like he said Il get free TV, free food and I could just leave the money I have in the savings account to bring in some interest. I do love a bit of free housing, even if I have to share it with inmates.

Thankyou! :D

Sounds familiar. Everytime I get a pay rise I don't actually get anymore money in the bank, just pay more Bl**dy tax!! :censor:

I sometimes think what's the point of going to work when I spend a large percentage earning nothing because I'm just paying Mr Blair.

Joe

well im bored so i read it all :P and every single word of it is true :thumbsup:

Same here, I agree

It certainly does make you think.. all true aswell.

Is all that text available in Nrgizerbunny style MS Paint diagrams?!? :)

I'm dyslexic and hate reading with a passion.

It makes you realise that even if you say "I earn X amount at my job" it doesnt matter, because the majority still gets taken away from you for one thing or another! :rolleyes:

Whine Whine Whine..............

he could have gone out cleaning windows or something instead of scripting this masterwork. Guvvy jobs Rule !

Yow I often feel the same and agree

but i think you missed the spot fines as well for almost anything

You should send that master piece to the politician you voted for in the last election

Great write up and so true of the British economy...

Just makes you want to find a foreign country to go live in....

God I miss living abroad :D :D :D

I thought it was too much of a whinge!

That person earns more than me and my wife put together. We have 3 vehicles to run (out of choice) We also have to pay all those bills, My mortgage payments cost more than theirs and we get by. We don't have much spare cash but we have enough to go out and enjoy a helathy social life, we normally go out for a proper night out once a fortnight and then many other cheaper nights out or in besides.

That person earns more than me and my wife put together. We have 3 vehicles to run (out of choice) We also have to pay all those bills, My mortgage payments cost more than theirs and we get by. We don't have much spare cash but we have enough to go out and enjoy a helathy social life, we normally go out for a proper night out once a fortnight and then many other cheaper nights out or in besides.

I completely agree Sotal! Sounds like you're quoting me!

The person who wrote it is a whinging moron! Whilst I do agree with a lot of it, it's just life!

They earn 35k!!! Wish I did! "I suppose i'll have to have broadband and sky etc. etc. that's bollex"... it's just beefin up his whinge... plenty live without :ffs:

I only read it cos I was bored but seriously, if it was in the pub i'd get up and walk away...

It's the way life is, personally I honestly think i've got it worse than him but am I writing this gunf? NO

Plenty of people are a lot lot worse off than this, they get their heads down and get on with it.

Once again, most of what he/shes said is completely true... so what?! Lifes what you make of it so just suck it up and get on!!!

I'm sorry if you don't agree but this has really wound me up, what a :censor:

:ph34r:

and "his" suggestions for improving the situation are what?

how would "he" change to make things better?

read it all, only to find he's just a huge **** whinger with nothing constructive to contribute.

I want my 3 minutes back.

Either be constructive - or ubik off and stop whinging at me

Yeah i agree with sotal. ive had £30 a week for myself for the last year (ok it was my fault for gettin in that mess) but i still managed. i still live at home so dont have to pay all the mortgage or council tax ect but ive had to pay for my car, my tools for work, fuel, things like that.

I read it all - I can see his point, but he earns a hell of a lot more than I do!!

The person who wrote it is a whinging moron! Whilst I do agree with a lot of it, it's just life!

They earn 35k!!! Wish I did! "I suppose i'll have to have broadband and sky etc. etc. that's bollex"... it's just beefin up his whinge... plenty live without :ffs:

I only read it cos I was bored but seriously, if it was in the pub i'd get up and walk away...

It's the way life is, personally I honestly think i've got it worse than him but am I writing this gunf? NO

Plenty of people are a lot lot worse off than this, they get their heads down and get on with it.

Once again, most of what he/shes said is completely true... so what?! Lifes what you make of it so just suck it up and get on!!!

I agree with you two!

I mean, i can see where this guys coming from, and agree with some of his points.....but hey, he is earning £35,000 a year :eek: and thats just sooo much more than i do :ffs: I would be quite happy with his wages for the rest of my life :D

Nice find :thumbsup:

I agree with you two!

I mean, i can see where this guys coming from, and agree with some of his points.....but hey, he is earning £35,000 a year :eek: and thats just sooo much more than i do :ffs: I would be quite happy with his wages for the rest of my life :D

What he earns isnt really the point though, its all the taxes he pays etc etc and how much out of that salary is actually his to do what he wants with.... and its the same for all of us, whether we earn 10k or 100k - we all have to pay the same taxes and bills etc

I agree with you two!

What he earns isnt really the point though, its all the taxes he pays etc etc and how much out of that salary is actually his to do what he wants with.... and its the same for all of us, whether we earn 10k or 100k - we all have to pay the same taxes and bills etc

good point :)

I thought it was interesting... it isnt how much he earns... but all the costs incurred... if someone earning 15k had written it it would still read pretty shockingly...

just drives home a few things.. *shrugs

his point is, even though he has an incredibly good salary, as tax is relative (pretty much) to what you earn.. hes not *that* much better off