Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Been For A Play

m4rk scotland

ok so its chucking it down with rain and i went to the gyle to try out a few things in the car. wanted to do it in a safer environment than the open road, so theres this empty large roundabout, slowly worked up speed but all i got was understeer...

now my fronts arnt as good as my backs and the roundabout was cambered inwards so im guessing thats why the back wouldnt step out of line. i presume by this it means i dont have an lsd on the car..(wasnt sure when i bought it)

i did manage to get it sideways after a standing start planting the tow change to second and oh look theres the inside of the roundabout. reverse please. :rolleyes:

lack of front end grip and the back end pushing the front on??

good tyres?

pressure setup?

good driving?

dunno, i ended up at a fair speed going round and round... is there anyway to tell if i have a lsd or not?

I thought mr2's were prone to oversteer?  :unsure:

Only once you break traction as its then hard to get back... :bookworm:

Ah right :) - Was watching robs drift bible dvd and he mentioned it on there!

But i suppose you dont really need much traction for drifting! :rolleyes:

if you want to get the rear to kick out sometimes just lifting your foot off the accel and then reapplying will allow the car to break traction then regain it and push you into a spin, but beware as it is quite difficult to catch, and even harder in the wet!

it must of been the camber of the roundabout, i was lifting of and turning sharper even dipped the clutch!! couldnt get the back out!! only did it after a standing start and then went toatl sideways, nearly caught it though..

there not good drift cars though are they?

With the right driver yes they can be good drift cars - not perfectly made for drifting but it is do-able :)

From the toyota range you'd be better off with the corolla AE86 though ;)

I have a rev 2 gts, and it goes out very easy in the wet, all it takes is slight boost to break the traction of the rear wheels.

If in doubt, just jab the clutch with revs and watch the baby slide out, just be quick to get the opposite lock on, and remember if you get it out too much, just let off the gas, and dont panic, 9/10 you will recover it.

Iv done a fair bit of drifting ;)

cheers gaz, the back end kicks out easy on the road when i dont want it to, or when i provoke it, but it wouldnt do it on this roundabout.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links