Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two Jae In Different Venues At The Same Time!?!?!

big_bad_ant

i'm a bit puzzled here... :blink:

ive noticed that there is two different JAE's that took part on the same days but at different venues!!

one was at Peterborough, the one that i attended. and the other was at Billing!! which was the place i went last year! :unsure:

the Billing JAE had fireworks displays same as the previos year which was missed at peterborough, due to the show being to closed to residential area. which was fair enough.

i know that the peterborough one was more sucessful and had more cars and more people but why TWO JAE's???

does any one here know why there is two JAE's? im sure if we all gather at the same venue the show would of been even better!!

visited Billing today as a day out for the family and to check out how the JAS show looked. They had about 15 jap cars there in total, there was more floor space taken up by their marquee and traders than was taken up by show cars.

I have some pictures but cannot attach them...it was like TumbleWeed.gif

got the pictures hosted...bear in mind this was 11.30am. Funniest part was when I paid at the gate, I said I was there for the jap car meet and the guard said 'you'll be disappointed, theres nobody there, they are all at Peterborough'....which is nice.

Dsc00003.jpg

Dsc00002.jpg

Dsc00001.jpg

JB

poor sod

Must admit I missed the Karts, fireworks and better scenery, but hey ho, I prefered the company :thumbsup:

lol wot were they thinking

Billing actually arranged the car show, since JAE's been there for something like 10 years, and they werent too happy with the move...

I would have thought that the only 'JAE' was the one at EOE, the japanese show at billnig was just that, a jap show...

EOE had the capacity to handle the show whereas Billnig is now unfortunately too small !

whereas Billnig is now unfortunately too small !

Might not be next year.. quite a few people were unimpressed apparantly

billing were upset and threw teddy out the cot... they decided to compete with JAE called "the Japanese Car Show" or something along those lines.

Billing were not that good at organising anyway

Nah - thought that the venue was good - loads of stalls, bacon rolls stands and a bar ... what more could you want?

There didn't appear to be mush of an atmos compared to the previous 3 years. Too much open space and TOC out in the sticks.

Would need twice the cars there to be honest ..

See how I feel about it next year ..

There didn't appear to be mush of an atmos compared to the previous 3 years. Too much open space and TOC out in the sticks.

See how I feel about it next year ..

i'm with you on this one Ben,

thats just how i feel too.

only thing that was better was the food stalls..bacon burgers were :drool:

Ive only attended two JAEs, this one and one in 2003 at Billing. I have to say the trade and food stands at EOE were far better, and the number of cars at EOE more than made up for any lack of scenery. After all whos interested in a few trees? I can see them any day, I live in the New Forest :lol: I read the JAE forums and see lots of people were not happy with the new venue, but I thought at Billing all the cars were too cramped in together, at least the clubs had some space at EOE. If everyone turned up who said then the club stands would have been better filled, I noticed most stands had missing cars which is a shame. But, I really enjoyed the day, brilliant. Give them a chance its a new venue for them :thumbsup:

This was our first JAE and apart from us being out in the sticks and having a really long walk to the loo's I didnt think it was that bad, if we had been a bit further down nearer the loo's and the other clubs it would've been improved :wacko:

i think that too!! the more the better!!

what happened to all the rollas like last year?

i think a lot of people gave it a miss due to the bad weather forecast.

Yeah we expected a lot more of the Yaris folk, about 23 I think but only 15 showed up which was disappointing - I imagine that was across the TOC boards too.

I had a brilliant time though - it was my first JAE too and although it took us ages to find the food stands I was really impressed - and also by the locality of the toilets to the TOC stand, which were useful when you felt sick after drinking so much!

I cant compare Billing obviously as I never went, but I think we did have a lack of cars on the stand, but had we had what we expected, it would have been even better! :thumbsup:

This was our first JAE and apart from us being out in the sticks and having a really long walk to the loo's I didnt think it was that bad, if we had been a bit further down nearer the loo's and the other clubs it would've been improved  :wacko:

dont want to put a downer on things tina, but a really long walk to the loos? where were you camped? cause it was only about 150yds from the TOC stand??

its was brill, who cares what the scenery etc. was like??? :ffs: great cars, great peeps. beer etc.... what else could you want???

This was our first JAE and apart from us being out in the sticks and having a really long walk to the loo's I didnt think it was that bad, if we had been a bit further down nearer the loo's and the other clubs it would've been improved  :wacko:

dont want to put a downer on things tina, but a really long walk to the loos? where were you camped? cause it was only about 150yds from the TOC stand??

its was brill, who cares what the scenery etc. was like??? :ffs: great cars, great peeps. beer etc.... what else could you want???

s*x with the envy girls :D

what else could you want???

Sex with the envy girls :D

pmsl at Matt :lol::lol:

I have to say i know what people are saying about 'atmosphere' last year did have a bit more

but it didnt bother me as it was compensated for by the increased number of trade stands - increased size of our stand and the great people and great fun that i had :yes:

first year at a new venue - i say 'things can only get better' :hokus-pokus:

T x

Yeah we expected a lot more of the Yaris folk, about 23 I think but only 15 showed up which was disappointing - I imagine that was across the TOC boards too.

I had a brilliant time though - it was my first JAE too and although it took us ages to find the food stands I was really impressed - and also by the locality of the toilets to the TOC stand, which were useful when you felt sick after drinking so much!

I cant compare Billing obviously as I never went, but I think we did have a lack of cars on the stand, but had we had what we expected, it would have been even better!  :thumbsup:

WOW - If you think the Yarii were in short supply........... :wacko:

On Saturday I only saw 4 Gen 7's on TOC stand and one of those was the Toyota Tiger GT........ :crybaby: