Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine

bentseo

i blew my motor a few weeks ago and i needed another one, so i got a hold of a place in toronto that sells engines and bought one , i just got it today and....well its a little different, first off the intake has 2 sets of tubes and says EFI-S unlike mine witch just says EFI, the exhaust is a 4 into 2 , where mine is 4 into 1. Also i cant find newhere on the enigne i orderd the exact serial number (like 5e-fe or what ever) because i m not sure what kind of engine it is . it does say 5E on the block but thats all i can find. someone help me cause this sucks thanks.

i agree, probably a bit more up to date than the one you had, should still fit the same mounts, if not any decent motor engineer will modify them for a couple of quid

yes mate. you have the 5efhe, this engine will take a different loom to your current engine.

the 5efhe has slightly stronger rods and has higher compression estimated at 108bhp, also the efi-s system is an acis intake manifold and is fairly hard to come by. you will need the ecu to make the acis system work, and all the vacuming pipes and sensors, as you have said it also differs with a 4 into 2 exhaust manifold, which obviously needs the appropriate downpipe.

Rich.

to make this work to the full potential you'll need extra stuff.

However, the basic engine is largely the same and swapping over the things that are different from your old engine to your new engine should be fine. You won't get the full increase in power, but you'll have more than you did and you can then try and get the necessary bits without any rush to upgrade again later.

Yes, its not a 100% direct swap, but if I were you I'd be slightly chuffed.

Yup - so would i - the 5ehfe is fairly rare these days...

depending on the gereration of Paseo you have it's an easy way of getting more power

J

I've got several 5E-FHE without the ACIS manifold (so easier to fit!)

A.

that acis system is kinda like a poor mans v-tec. it is similar to my powervalve setup on my two stroke, but in the inlet and not the exhaust.

some old lancias used a similar system on some of there engines.

i tried looking this year and nothing (mind you, an a.c.i.s equipped one, cause andrew had some normal 5efhes)...and i asked loadsa places...fensport, jbmotorsport, the place " fandango " got his 5efhe...

So what is this 5ehfe motor out of? year and make type deal .also , so i can swap out the exhaust and intake and **** to make it work with my ECU. I would also like a manual any ideas where i can get one? thanx guys

The 5efhe is out of the JDM 92-96 Paseo/Cynos..

not sure on the rest but someone in the know will be along to help later :thumbsup:

J

it came in the el44 cynos (1991-1994) and the el54 cynos (1995-1997) and in the sera

[sERA] not with the ACIS it didn't...