Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tns 200 Sat Nav Usage

ben_e71

Well, I bought a 2001 Avensis Verso a couple of weeks ago, and haven't got the Sat Nav to work. Whatever location I put in, it says "Cannot obtain data for guidance" or some such thing, and doesn't do anything. Anyone know what this is?

Well, I bought a 2001 Avensis Verso a couple of weeks ago, and haven't got the Sat Nav to work. Whatever location I put in, it says "Cannot obtain data for guidance" or some such thing, and doesn't do anything. Anyone know what this is?

You sure you got a disc in the satnav??

Anyone help here please - I have the 1.8 T3-S Auto, dvd satnav and mine seems to be stuck in Kms and litres and no matter what I do it just does not want to go to Miles and Gallons. I got the book as well but still it doesnt want to do it for me. As far as this system goes however, not being able to input postcodes as in the tomtom is a big minus in my opinion. The other week I was travelling along the M5 and the signs warned of traffic holdup and indeed could see it ahead so I pulled when we eventually got to a slip road and I tried reroute and it just kept telling me to go back onto the motorway. I then tried saying that I didnt want motorway but STILL it insisted I go back on. Oh well, such a shame but it looks like the tom tom has to be purchased for family use !!

You sure you got a disc in the satnav??

Anyone help here please - I have the 1.8 T3-S Auto, dvd satnav and mine seems to be stuck in Kms and litres and no matter what I do it just does not want to go to Miles and Gallons. I got the book as well but still it doesnt want to do it for me. As far as this system goes however, not being able to input postcodes as in the tomtom is a big minus in my opinion. The other week I was travelling along the M5 and the signs warned of traffic holdup and indeed could see it ahead so I pulled when we eventually got to a slip road and I tried reroute and it just kept telling me to go back onto the motorway. I then tried saying that I didnt want motorway but STILL it insisted I go back on. Oh well, such a shame but it looks like the tom tom has to be purchased for family use !!

lol, yes, there's a disc in there. 2001 edition by the look of it. I tried wiping it and puttin it back, but still no go. I can look up streets and points of interest and all that fine, so I'm guessing the info is being read from the disc, but it's the bit after that - presumably the interaction with the Satelite? I dunno how it works.

The TNS 200 manual has instructions on how to change from KM to MPH and from litres to gallons. Mine was already in gallons but my mileage was KM. Read the book it is not a hassle at all to change it.

• 2 weeks later...
Your experiences are interesting......

Last weekend I set my TNS 200 to take me from Brum to Norfolk Broads.  The fastest route took me down M6, M1, M25, M11, A11.  My first thoughts were "What the F :censor: k is it doing".

I set it then for shortest route & gave me the same result.

I then decided to add some "way points" to take me the route I thought would be best.  It then took me the correct route, IMO.

I suppose what I'm saying is, Use the way point option if you want the system to take you closer to the route you know.  If you do not know the route, look it up first in an Atlas/ A-Z & select some way points.

It's not one of the best systems, but it's better to have it at your fingertips, if needed!!

I've just upgraded form 2001 disc to 2003.  I'll see if it improves with this, my guess is.......it will NOT.

Try Turning the 'Use Motorways' option off, may help (Apologies if you already tried this).

• 10 months later...

I still would like to know if there is going to be a new CD out for TNS 200 system in 2006. If there is perhaps it would be more accurate than the present one in my vehicle. If the CD is not updated it seems we will be making the TNS 200 system redundant?????

I was told in my local Toyota main dealer this week an updated CD is available @ £137.38 so I do not think I will be updating. greenhouse

I still would like to know if there is going to be a new CD out for TNS 200 system in 2006. If there is perhaps it would be more accurate than the present one in my vehicle. If the CD is not updated it seems we will be making the TNS 200 system redundant?????

I was told in my local Toyota main dealer this week an updated CD is available @ £137.38 so I do not think I will be updating. greenhouse

Hm...I am thinking joint forum donations and then someone can buy it and perhaps lend it *cough* the the other guys. I am open for suggestions :) 10 people 15£/each sound about right in my ears. + costs for postage :) Feel free to PM me.