Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sub + Amp Fitted

mancubas

Hey folks,

Just had a sub and amplifier into my t-sport :D

I went for rockford fosgate as they make top notch stuff. (Rockford Fosgate P2002 Amplifier and Rockford Fosgate P210S4 Punch 10" 400 Watt sub)

The amp was fitted underneath the passenger seat, I thought this wouldve been a problem with the sliding tray but nope! Got loads of room to play with, only problem is if anybody is sitting in the back theyre feet will rub against the amp. This is easily fixed by whacking the rear mat over it.

I would have put the amp in the boot but the back seats are hollow! So I couldnt mount them there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/mancubas/AMP1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/mancubas/SUB.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/man...s/AMP2CLOSE.jpg

The sound is great not stupidly loud, just right and with it being a new car no damn rattles or shakes except the rear view mirror vibrates like hell (makes me dizzy everytime i look into it :D )

Anyhoo enjoy and hello

Has toyota seen the work seeing as its a new car? If that was me they would not be happy bunnies!

welcome by the way.

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but exactly how did you wire the amp to the car? I know of two main ways to do it, but was wondering how everyone else has found it... Just a lil Q... Anyone is welcome to help me figure these things out?

My amp and sub are ready to go as soon as ivest in a wiring kit and get it in.... Would of had a wiring kit and power cables if it wasn't for damn car tax running out lol

but exactly how did you wire the amp to the car?

to the Battery :lol: sorry couldnt help myself:

power cables to Battery, earth cable to a suitable earth point, i used the bolt holding rear lights to the car.. 1 end of phono cable to headunit, 1 end to the sub, remote lead again 1 end to the amp one end to the headunit then if u wish u often also have speaker wires, then can be used to connect say 6x9s or any additional Speakers

Yeah i guess that did sound quite dumb lol

I meant literally, as in where the wires are connected to the power, and what you used as an earth point...

ahh sorry, I didnt fit it myself took it to some pros instead.

But yeah power from the main Battery and run the cables underneath the side scuffs or whatever the hell they are called.

As for a earth any part of the metal on the body I suppose.

To be honest I would take it to someone professional. I didnt change the head unit in mine so I didnt wanna touch it personally.

Has toyota seen the work seeing as its a new car?  If that was me they would not be happy bunnies!

welcome by the way.

lol no! I mean it cost me about £400 for everything including amp, sub + box, wiring kit, adapter thingy and labour. Way cheaper than what they charge for the sub they sell and no way will it be better than mine.

All I need now is a way of strapping the sub down in the boot.

I have the straps but no where to screw them down to. The shelf bit which sits on top of the spare tyre is made outta plastic and I dont really wanna be drilling into that.

Any suggestions anyone?

Looks nice mate, Rockford Fosgate is good quality stuff! :thumbsup:

As A.T.G said velcro the bottom on the sub box and a bit on the boot carpet and bobs your uncle! :thumbsup:

As A.T.G said velcro the bottom on the sub box and a bit on the boot carpet and bobs your uncle! :thumbsup:

Or Box it in really tight so it can't move :lol:

Audio.JPG

(Yes i'm in the process of tidying up the wires!!!)

looks good having the amp mounted, chris has done same with him, im liking them both, altho u do need to sort those wires out dude :P

haha he should change his personal message under his name to interior DIY expert  :lol:

or "Resident Wood Boy" as someone on here called him!! :lol:

haha he should change his personal message under his name to interior DIY expert  :lol:

lol that was charlie

lol that was charlie

:lol: i have many a name for chris

Or Box it in really tight so it can't move :lol:

Audio.JPG

(Yes i'm in the process of tidying up the wires!!!)

Nice setup, although youve got no boot mate!

Look forward to seeing you tomorow.

We can have a sound off or something hehe