Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jealous....

Gnome

My mate starts a new job on Monday.

He a maximum of a 4 hour working day, and if he finishes earlier than that, it's flat-rate pay, so no worries.

It is a night shift, of Midnight - 4am.

For the pleasure, he gets about £120 a night.....

What's he doing?

He'll be doing track & electrics maintenance on London Underground! :o

Should be fine though, as it is the middle of the night, when no trains are around.

If I knew a job like that was around, I wouldn't have bothered with 6th form, and gone straight into work doing that instead!

Still, it is danger money, and he does have to pay for the health and safety courses that he's had to do. Think that was about a grand in total, but he'll soon make that up with his new wages....

I WANT that sorta money!

Postmen are kinda like this..

They get paid for 8 hours even though they do more like 4 hours. and its good pay

My dads a postie! Those bags weigh a hell of a lot! and hes always up at 4am ang finishes at 12, at christmas were lucky to see him at home till 6pm! it isnt all that easy! :lol::lol:

Postmen are kinda like this..

They get paid for 8 hours even though they do more like 4 hours. and its good pay

I wish we do 4 hours.... it's closer to 5 :lol:

Nah, I start work at 5am and the time I finish can range from 10am to 12-30pm depending what day it is and what round I'm on... It must vary though because on my way back home I often see my local postmen still out on duties.

I think its about 19k p/a but this rises when you have been there for 6 months and then a year, i think.... plenty of overtime as well. :thumbsup:

Theres someone on here whos a postie - I remember a thread a while back about jobs as posties and the TOCer talking about the job....

Anyone remember who that was??

Theres someone on here whos a postie - I remember a thread a while back about jobs as posties and the TOCer talking about the job....

Anyone remember who that was??

No idea :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lol....

19K a year?

That's hella more than I'm on now. :(

3 yrs in this job, and still not alot to show for it really. Shame, as I like the job - just the company is tighter than my shrunken underpants...

What did/ do you do for a living then Les?

I'm on half that at the mow... :(

Workshop manager for a haulage company (but open for offers) ;) :)

wouldnt get out of bed for that

Nor me :yes: - but if the right Woman offered I may be tempted to get onto her bed for that.............. :lol: "cough" Toni Braxton.............. :drool:

Well it was a good wage for me and I'm really pleased that the minscule amount I earned compared to your obvious vastly superior salary, gives you some mild amusement, I would be more than happy to get out of bed for what you consider to be a paltry amount instead of the £55 a week I get now and before anybody mentions sponging off the government, I paid tax and stamps since leaving school 40 years ago :angry:

Well it was a good wage for me and I'm really pleased that the minscule amount I earned compared to your obvious vastly superior salary, gives you some mild amusement, I would be more than happy to get out of bed for what you consider to be a paltry amount instead of the £55 a week I get now and before anybody mentions sponging off the government, I paid tax and stamps since leaving school 40 years ago :angry:

I should have quoted better - my apologies.

I was not referring to your post or your salary.

Workshop manager for a haulage company (but open for offers) ;) :)

Ok hows about I send you out to earn your living 10_1_15.gif

50p an hour!!!!!!

I should have quoted better - my apologies.

I was not referring to your post or your salary.

Apology accepted. ;)

Just feeling a bit peed off after getting a “Dear John” letter from the last interview. :(

Apology accepted. ;)

Just feeling a bit peed off after getting a “Dear John” letter from the last interview. :(

:( :(

can only suggest persistence mate - keep your chin up, and keep networking and sending letters etc.

was the stuff I put in Gold any good? (Professional Advice on Job Hunting and Careers)

I made £1000 last year and that only a student LOAN! :angry:

I need a job but I suppose I better finish uni 1st, I work part time but that pays for my car and thats about it! :thumbsup:

Les I'd be well happy with 26k a year, thats comfortable living if you ask me! :yes: