Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't Be A Wonka!

Demonic Angel

.... GO SEE CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!! :D :D

Its brilliant - Johnny Depp is a genius, Tim Burton is a genius - even Freddie Highmore who plays Charlie is a genius!

I never ever thought they could top the original, its a classic from my childhood and a film I know and love. Gene Wilder WAS Willy Wonka and when they announced a remake with Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, I thought NAAAAH, good idea, but not gonna work. :unsure:

Well...... it does work :P - the mans a legend! He's brilliant as this eccentric Wonka, his facial expressions and voice are just brilliant, but deep down hes a tormented soul. Unlike the 1971 movie, this film is very much faithful to the darker feel of the book. Roald Dahl was apparently not happy with the 1971 film - I think he'd be happy with this one. The songs are Roald Dahls as well.

Just do yourself a favour and go see it, it'll put the biggest smile on your face! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm still smiling! :D :D

Not seen it yet but I just know johnny depp was a good choice for the role. I still think his performance in the Pirates of the Carribean was wot made that film.

Wont be able to avaid Charlie as my two kids will be pressing us to go, so it looks like I will be going sooner now.

I havnt seen it yet! I love the original, its fantabulous! I hope its as good as you say it is em! Might go see it in the next week! I bought the game for the ps2 and thats pretty good as it is! so i have high hopes!

Even with long hair, Johnny Depp is surprisingly fit! :D :D

The Oompa Loompas are brilliant too!

Shaz - you must drag Darren along to see it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

im definaltly going to watch it as i used to love charlie and the chocolate factory!!

it looks so good but one thing scares me... and its johnny depps fake teeth!! they look a bit odd!

Even with long hair, Johnny Depp is surprisingly fit!  :D  :D

The Oompa Loompas are brilliant too!

Shaz - you must drag Darren along to see it!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Johnny Depp did indeed make the film Pirates of the Caribbean for me :P he was fab...

and Johnny Depp with long hair... omg Em thats lush :P lol.... but then again I have a thing for sexy guys with long hair :P

im thinking i have to see this

Shaz - you must drag Darren along to see it!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

ooh ive just filled that "sunday night with nothing to do" hole! :D

Took the little un to see it yesterday and have to say it was really good :thumbsup:

Only problem was watching it and trying to compare with the original but Depp makes the film his own :yes: Highly recommended whether you have kids or not :D

please tell me it doesnt have "Cheer up Charlie" in it!

this looks more of a outright kids film than the original.

The original was very trippy, and Wilder made Wonka quite dark.

Wont be going to see it - it has to be an exceptional film to get me into a cinema. But - I will watch it when it makes sky movies.

A lot of comments have been made along the "Gene Wilder was the better Wonka" line. But Depp is a Wonka for this Generation.

I haven't seen the original but will see this as I have an unlimited card, the GF wants to see Depp and the Nachos taste good at the cinema :thumbsup:

Ooh I might have to go and see this, I hardly ever go the cinema anymore.

An opportunity to see Johnny Depp cannot be missed :lol:

I seriously must have watched it a hundred times as a kid, can it really equal it? I'm a Depp fan but Gene Wilder will always be Wonka for me!!!

I seriously must have watched it a hundred times as a kid, can it really equal it?  I'm a Depp fan but Gene Wilder will always be Wonka for me!!!

I honestly didnt think it could work either! I'm a big Tim Burton fan - I love Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow, I'm also a big Johnny Depp fan (well, who isnt? lol) and when I heard about it, like I said, I really didnt believe it could work. Gene Wilder was Willy Wonka for me and nothing could change my views - then I saw a trailer and thought "Hmm this doesnt look too bad", then read excellent reviews, then saw another trailer on the net which really did it for me so I went home and told Rich I wanted to see it!

I stood corrected - it could be done and the Burton/Depp collaboration once again is just magic. You must go see it! :thumbsup:

OK-

I'll check it ouuuuut!!! :)

If you're wrong, I would appreciate a full and frank apology (along with refund if reasonably practicable)

:P

OK-

I'll check it ouuuuut!!! :)

If you're wrong, I would appreciate a full and frank apology (along with refund if reasonably practicable)

:P

How about half an apology and a bag of Butterkist? :lol::lol:

That'll do I suppose... :rolleyes:

Don't talk to me about popcorn though... :ffs:

Went to the Cinema last night, lined up for 25 yes 25 minutes for popcorn...

Just as it's my turn, some kid walks over jumps in and gets served before me, by this point i'm so annoyed I can't even speak...

Finally, my turn... Cinedeal 1 please, with sweet popcorn please...

Sorry, run out of sweet, will salted be alright?!

:censor: :censor: :censor:

WILL SALT BE ALRIGHT?! :censor: :ffs: WHO THE :censor: EATS THAT :censor: NOT ME!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :crybaby:

Just the coke then please... :ph34r:

Sorry... a bag of butterkist would be lovely... :thumbsup:

That'll do I suppose... :rolleyes:

Don't talk to me about popcorn though... :ffs:

Went to the Cinema last night, lined up for 25 yes 25 minutes for popcorn...

Just as it's my turn, some kid walks over jumps in and gets served before me, by this point i'm so annoyed I can't even speak...

Finally, my turn... Cinedeal 1 please, with sweet popcorn please...

Sorry, run out of sweet, will salted be alright?!

:censor:  :censor:  :censor:

WILL SALT BE ALRIGHT?! :censor:  :ffs: WHO THE  :censor:  EATS THAT  :censor:  NOT ME!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :crybaby:

Just the coke then please... :ph34r:

Sorry... a bag of butterkist would be lovely... :thumbsup:

I think you should have buried said kid upside down in the popcorn barrel........... :lol:

Little sod - at least tip a coke over his head next time :lol:

Like I said mate, I was beyond angry, I was in that quiet pale period...

I'm chilled out now though!!! :P

who eats salted, lol!

The nutters that live here do. Lasty time I had a couple of mates round for a card game I sat out some of their pop corn on the table. Four hands delved into the warm bowl and started throwing pop corn into their mouths.

Then there was four guys spitting pop corn all over the garage floor at once, ha ha still makes me laugh

Thay gave me some stick for sitting down salted pop corn but I was laughing all nite :D :D

Afraid not Dem, i've been well busy at work for a change!

Did see an advert though and i've got to say, some of the sweets, think it was a massive lolly pop, they looked well authentic!!!

Why's that then? Is that butterkist burning a hole in your pocket?!! :P

No, cause I know you'l love it and I wont have the need to buy any Butterkist to compensate you!

A lot of the sweets they used were real ones, the chocolate river unfortunately wasnt real! But all the lollipops on the trees etc were real!

Nestle commissioned over 1000 Wonka bars especially for the film, so all the Wonka bars are real chocolate too! :D

That is the ultimate looking chocolate!

"A Wonka Bar" Massive lump with a gold ticket! SHWEET!!!

Thing I'd most like though would be the everlasting gobstopper (probably 'cos i'm so tight!)

Either that or the "lickable wallpaper"!!! :drool:

I do need to see this film... :yes:

WE watched it last night....

First class!!! surprisingly good!!!!

Shame the cimema screwed up on the coke mix.. the mega acidic syrup I was giiven instead of coke made me ill :ffs: