Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-mapping Ecu...need Some Advise Please?

teekay523

Hi, i've got a Yaris T sport and i got told that if i re-mapped the ecu i could get it from 9 Sec to 7.2-7.5 sec for 0-60mph but the price would be £250. would anyone think its worth it cause its common knoledge that its gonna put out more torque and therefore the parts will heat up a lot faster and also if the pistons burn then its gonna cost 4 figures to fix. can anyone help me out here cause i'm really finding it hard to decide cause i also am looking out for the welfare of my car since i've only had it for 2-3 months.

Tim

That seems awful cheap for a remap.

Is this to supply and fit a Piggyback chip like a Unichip or is it to atempt to remap the actual oem ECU?

If its a piggback unichip or similar Rossnova has had this done with some success and to the best of my knowledge is happy with the results and problem free.

If its to actually remap the ecu I'd be seriously concerned that it was only costing that amount - not too sure how much the actual remapping of Kimis ECU cost at TTE when she had her Supercharger fitted, but I know it took the best part of a day - hence 250 is cheap.. too cheap.

Also if you remapped the ECU on a standard Yaris, I hear the gains are too much as its already been done! Plus just an ECU remap wont cut you down to a 7sec 0-60 if you had a supercharger that would do it, but an ECU remap alone wont do much at all.

Hi, i've got a Yaris T sport and i got told that if i re-mapped the ecu i could get it from 9 Sec to 7.2-7.5 sec for 0-60mph but the price would be £250. would anyone think its worth it cause its common knoledge that its gonna put out more torque and therefore the parts will heat up a lot faster and also if the pistons burn then its gonna cost 4 figures to fix. can anyone help me out here cause i'm really finding it hard to decide cause i also am looking out for the welfare of my car since i've only had it for 2-3 months.

Tim

If it was that cheap and easy we would all do it.

you dont get that kind of an improvement from remapping a turbo, nevermind an N/A. i'd save your cash and spend it on something else. what company said they could do this?

you dont get that kind of an improvement from remapping a turbo, nevermind an N/A. i'd save your cash and spend it on something else. what company said they could do this?

A personal mechanic suggested this to me although he did mention that it'll pretty much be hitting the limiter which worries me about how much the car can actually handle with its standard settings?as u all know the gear ratio for a yaris t sport is pretty low... i.e. 1st gear up to about 30 to redline, 2nd to 50, and 3rd to about 68-70mph. what i want is for the third gear to be pushed up to about 80mph to match a 1.5 Vtech which is slower than my car doing 0-60 but once the vtech kicks in the power after is too much for my car to handle cause i'll have to change gear just as his vtech kicks in.from what i heard a remap of the ecu would be able to play to my advantage?

3rd gear in a T-Sport only does 68-70mph? My 1 litre does 75mph in 3rd without hitting the limiter, of course, I conducted this test on a motorway! :P :thumbsup:

Yeah but I thought the gears would be longer hence getting a higher speed in every gear! ;)

Youd think there would be a 6th gear as well..

Shorter gearing ratio increases the torque and power in each gear, so you have more pull (right? :wacko: )

shorter gears means better acceleration, cause im fed up of 1.3 owners saying "well mine does 60 in 2nd " :P oh

1st; 32mph,

2nd; 57mph

3rd; 81mph

4th; 102mph

5th; 120odd..................

1.3's are quicker cos they can get to 60 in 2nd... ha ha ha. No... T-sports have what's known kids as a close-ratio gearbox! If you've played Gran Turismo, you'll know that a closer-ratio box means that your car accelerates quicker!

Step into a scooby WRX... that has a very close ratio box and you just bang into the red-line at unbelievable speed... that's what a close-ratio box is for... rapid acceleration!

Oh, for those that want 3rd and other gears for that matter to be stretched... read this...

1st: 34mph

2nd: 67mph

3rd: 91mph

4th: 109mph

5th: 109mph (or whatever you get your top speed upto... 126mph... but that's wrong!)

That's changing just before limiter in a 1.3.

yeah it means quicker acceleration but would changing ecu help cause when u hit 68 in 3rd gear ur at red line whilst a vtech system kicks in for that 10mph which means u eat dust. i'm wanting to tune it up to match a 1.5 vtech. does anyone know how to re map the ecu? although i aint too sure if it'll speed up or slow down cause i'm thinking that if i change it so the 3rd gear reaches 80 before redline then the cars power goes down a little?

yaris should be able to keep up with 1.5 honda anyway i can take my mates crx no problems at all :D

you can keep up with a crx hmm though they wre really fast! :unsure: i dont know much about them.

I think what you want is one of those vvti timers, hence the vvti kicks in earlier.

says a lot................. to say daz got whooped by me at santapod, and i got proper wooped buy a crx (driving rossnovas car, 130bhp)........ daz your full of sh** :P

a stock crx would butt shaft a yaris. Thats why the CRX esp the old one is called "the pocket rocket"

all this guy had on his crx was an exhaust and filter it was poor or he didnt know how to drive

Old shape CRX - the original pocket rocket - is pushin 160 from a 1.6VTEC - fantastic cars... just too old to be able to pick up a decent one.

sorry but a crx will kick the yais into the mud, laugh at it and then urinate on it

sorry but a crx will kick the yais into the mud, laugh at it and then urinate on it

absolutley love the way you put that. i like to go fast in the corners myself, straight line isnt my thing, although i kicked my mates ***** 0-70, he was in a suzuki siwft 1.3. Those are dam fast above 70

absolutley love the way you put that. i like to go fast in the corners myself, straight line isnt my thing, although i kicked my mates ***** 0-70, he was in a suzuki siwft 1.3. Those are dam fast above 70

Loved the terminology too!

1.3 Swift?? I can dispatch them... frequently do... they're everywhere! My puny 1.3 is damn fast above 70mph... the header has added serious pulling power.