Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1000w Amp Bust?

chris18-paseo

think i'm in quite deep doodoo. i have had a 1000w amp for a while fitted working fine. added a 500w and split the power suddenly the 1000w won't work, power light flickered on and off and overload light came. alas so got advice and changed the main cable from the Battery to the splitter so its nice fat and juicy still no joy still doing the same. so changed the power lead so it was exactly how it was before splitter was introduced. still no luck please somebody help

think i'm in quite deep doodoo. i have had a 1000w amp for a while fitted working fine. added a 500w and split the power suddenly the 1000w won't work, power light flickered on and off and overload light came. alas so got advice and changed the main cable from the battery to the splitter so its nice fat and juicy still no joy still doing the same. so changed the power lead so it was exactly how it was before splitter was introduced. still no luck please somebody help

Have you checked the grounding point, make sure that is ok?

Is the amp loaded ok, not overloaded?

Is the wiring all nice and connected, not fraided or loose?

If you local to me, perhaps i can pop over to help, if any :thumbsup:

Note: If i reply late, don't worry, having my broadband upgraded so having to use dial-up connection :censor: !Removed! SLOW!!!! :lol:

fuse is fine, it isn't overlaoded because nothing is attached and it still does it. will have a look at the earth

fuse is fine, it isn't overlaoded because nothing is attached and it still does it. will have a look at the earth

Sounds like it going to be a faulty amp now then, if nothing is connected to it :unsure:

Does it have a burnt smell to it at all?? if so, def a faulty amp :crybaby: just hope you have a warrenty for it....

well it is but not against wrong wiring? i wired it up fine before and it worked don't know what happened when i split the supply?