Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stay With Toyota

bill a

hi got a yaris d4d had the last service done at mrT car is now out of warranty needs servicing do i stay with toyota or independant servicing. Last service was £215 for 2nd year service what are about right prices for 3rd health check thanks bill

If its out of warranty you dont have to stay with them - a local independant garage will do just as good a job at half the price, but its completely up to you. You can use an indie dealer if you have a warranty, as long as they use Toyota parts.

I think the health checks range from about £100-£200 depending in which dealer you use, so I'm sure you could get it cheaper independently! :thumbsup:

thanks for the reply its the wife car shes not bothered if serviced by toyota or not but didnt know if it will affect the resale value in a few years

yes resale value might be affected slightly

Having full Toyota service history will certainly help when ot comes to selling.

I might be wrong on small cars though

Depending on where you located, our gold membership scheme can save 10% on parts and labour

Get some quotes from local garages and compare, it's what I would do. See if there is much of a difference and decide then?

Blue

1st to 3rd year serviceing should really be done at MrT for re-sale values. But, make sure they're a decent MrT... some are better than others...

SERVICING>

My exp' has been, that the dealers have very high overheads.

There are normally 2 white collar workers to every mechanic.

So mechanic has to earn for 3 people. Hence labour costs are overly inflated.

What does your Dealer charge???

Here in Devon (north) Mr T its £54.00 per hour.

So the 40k service was labour 54 x1.5= 81.00 plus parts and vat.

Not done very well either.

I'm sorry Mr T this was shoddy.

At £54 per hour I expected a lot lot better than this.

If you keep to a VAT registered Garage they can do the servicing without affecting your warranty.

Come on TOYOTA dealers Pull your socks up.

This is just not good enough.

You’re only as good as your worst mechanic.

My car is now over 3 years old and due for its 40k service. :(

I too was thinking about not using Mr T due to the cost, crap standards and them marking my invoices with 'imported car'.

Anyway I spoke to a few mechanics and the main line was if I was going to get rid of the car soon then it didn't really matter but if keeping it for a few more years make sure the garage doing it can hook the car upto the computer software. Apparently it can be serviced without being 'plugged in' but the engine management system is not being checked and faults can go unoticed which can build up and cost lots of £££' to put right later. Whereas Mr T should be checking this at their services (although this could be questionable when they don't even check your brakes because they can't find the locking wheel nut which is exactly where you told them :censor: )

I'll phone Mr T later and get a cost for the 40K service what sort of prices has everyone else paid all in? I've got to have the coolant changed on this one too as didn't get it done at three years old.

Cheers, Jenny

I paid £225 which is way OTT but they did change all of the fluids in the car including brake fluid and coolant and all that! :thumbsup:

Soon as mine came out of warranty I started modding.

Servicewise I buy Millers, TRD Oil Filters and plugs direct from Envyperformance and get either my local place or envy to do the servicing.

Any decent garage will be happy to use your supplied materials - and that way you know the cars being looked after as best as it can be. In addition most places are happy to carry out a service for a fraction of the price of MrT.

I would have to say go elsewhere - judging by the standards that toyota set for looking after their customers then i would say they are not very high!

I went in for a sump plug on friday - my chassis number wouldnt go in their system and they said they woudl order one and call me back on monday - still no phone call! If they cant deal with a £3.00 sump plug then how are they gonna be at servicing your car! <_<

Just my experience anyway!

I get discount on all parts of my service so the 6th service for yaz would cost me £80 which i dont think is too bad! :D

Rich has taken out this service agreement with Inchcape - he pays per month for his servicing for the next three years (the car is 3 years old in December), but he gets discount servicing this way as it works out cheaper..... I know F&C dont do this kind of scheme - perhaps its just an Inchcape thing, but a good gimmick to keep you going back to Toyota to get the car serviced! I dont think he'd bother taking it there otherwise!

thanks for all the replys going to get quotes from 2 mrT in my area in cambridgeshire and also a quote off an inde garage that i trust. I have a gt4 st185 celica that i service myself but that is 13 yrs old, but with newish cars people are always looking for full service history. Last service was at 5000 miles but because car was 2 yrs old had 2 have brake fluid change. Bill came out to £225 hopefully cheaper this time (15000 miles) once again thanks for your time and replys

• 2 weeks later...

have now got two quotes 1 £107 +£60 for sevice and engine coolant change 2 £105+70 both from toyota main dealers. Had a quote from inde garage using genuine toyota parts max £80+20 for a coolant change.I think i know where my money is going

Aye, once the warranty is up, forget the dealers..unless your wanting to trade in with the same dealers...the amount you'll save on servicing...both labour and parts will far far out way "loss" you'll make on selling just becasue it doesn't have a full dealer ship service...it will still have a full service history..just keep all the paper work.

vipes

If its out of warranty you dont have to stay with them - a local independant garage will do just as good a job at half the price, but its completely up to you. You can use an indie dealer if you have a warranty, as long as they use Toyota parts.

I think the health checks range from about £100-£200 depending in which dealer you use, so I'm sure you could get it cheaper independently!  :thumbsup:

Because of Block exemption even under warrenty you dont have to use Toyota or there own parts...as long as the parts are OE Matching quality, like ADL Blueprint.

true...but they tend not to like you.. and don't do as good job as if you were a loyal Toyota customer...sad but true....and they will also offer less for trade in.

I found that when I bought mine from a non-toyota dealer...It was always quite clear they hated dealing with me..especially for things under warranty...as they made no money on the sale..yet they are losing man hours on me etc for warrnty cover.

Vipes

i do all mine myself i knows it done write and use better quality stuff for a fraction of the cost, i mean mr T put crap plugs in it cheap oil and charge me loads for basically abusing my car by putting cheap crap in it,