Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Problems!

sewelly

some f**king cowboy fitted a stereo in my MR2 before i had it and i think hes ballsed up the wiring...i could do with some pics or diagrams of the back to some ones stereo to make sure everythings going in the right slot (as my knowledge is limited)...i have the harness coming end of this week to save me time wiring it myself.... please help me with this ive been with out music for 1 month :cacker:

cheers

im at work at the moment havent had chance to check the wiring...but im wanting to know if you buy a harness from Halfrauds will this do instead of re-wiring them myself...also is the power pulled straight through the harness or is the a power cable im missing??

cheers

also mine has two 8pin adapters not one 14?? any ideas ???

Edited by sewelly

2 98 pin adaptors sounds like it already has an iso adaptor fitted. check wiring further back to see any traces of cutting or another adaptor block.

This may help or not  :D

Lookie

Near the bottom is a diagram for the Stock 14 pin connector.

Hey thats really good mate. Now i can see how to strip down the interior ;)

jerry!!

ill have another look tonight....is there a power cable that i might be missing? or does the power come through the wiring harness?

cheers

not getting any where fitting the stereo...does anyone know any fitting centres around the north east and north yorkshire???

cheers

Did you plug the aerial back in? I think on some cars, unless plug the aerial in you don't have an earth.

I'm in notth Notts and regularly visit Leeds if you want to compare the connections on My Rev 3 with those on your own car. I've had the head unit out several times recently with a view to replacing with a new unit, so I can now get the old unit out in about 2 minutes.

Tony

no they dont, mines disconnected!

what exactly is the problem? are you using any kind of voltage tester to say that theres no power? how has the harness been hacked?

if power is the issue then your best bet is to run a live from the Battery, an ignition live from the cig lighter, and make your own earth!

the wiring is a shambles....i have pretty much sorted it think but i have 3 wires i dont know were to connect to.. these are coming from the harness bit not the stereo... the wires are an orange Illumintion wire, a black earth wire and a blue remote wire. i dont know what wires these need to be connected too...there is aslo a Amp wire coming from the back of the stereo which i dont know were to connect it to.

:help::help::help:

hope that makes sense and cheers for the help so far.....

Orange is for dipping the stereo lights when you put your headlights on so you don't really need it.

Black is an earth and should be connected to the body of the car somewhere near the stereo.

Blue will be for the electric aeriel and i dunno what wire that connects to, best idea would be to check at the aeriel and see what colour the wire's coming from it are.

Oh and my stereo wont work without the aeriel being connected and neither did the 2 other MR2's that i've fitted stereo's into.

Orange is for dipping the stereo lights when you put your headlights on so you don't really need it.

Black is an earth and should be connected to the body of the car somewhere near the stereo.

Blue will be for the electric aeriel and i dunno what wire that connects to, best idea would be to check at the aeriel and see what colour the wire's coming from it are.

Oh and my stereo wont work without the aeriel being connected and neither did the 2 other MR2's that i've fitted stereo's into.

wat about the Amp wire coming from the back of the stereo which i dont know were to connect it to.

cheers

The 'amp' wire will be the remote i guess (normally blue)

and is the signal to the amp to swicth on when the stereo comes on !Not req if you dont have an amp !

I think Brown is earth in 2's ?!?!

Again follow the wires from the amp (its in the side panel behind the passenger seat, just below the speaker)

Not sure exactly of the colours but a volt meter will be usefull to find the live.

Tbh, it would be much easier to re-wire it, that way you know all the wires are good and were they are.... Thats what i'd do.

Also Halfords sell a wiring harness for the '2, its about £32 i think (had to buy one!!)

The 'amp' wire will be the remote i guess (normally blue)

and is the signal to the amp to swicth on when the stereo comes on !Not req if you dont have an amp !

I think Brown is earth in 2's ?!?!

yeah the amp is blue so do you know were that connects to as i have an active system? the earth one one mine is balck it says earth on it....ive been told mine has a harness already on it as it has two 8 pin adapters...is this true??

cheers think i might have some tunes in my car some time soon!!!! :wacko:

Most amps (not sure about this stock one) will have :

Power + Power Supply

Earth - Ground to Chassis

Remote Blue wire fom stereo feeds to here (tells the amp to switch on !)

RCA / Feed Sound signal from stereo to Amp

Speaker + Possitive to speaker

Speaker - Negative to speaker

You will have to trace the remote wire from the amp (or see what colour it is) to the dash, and connect that to the blue off the stereo

If you dont connect the blue wire, it just means that the amp wont swicth on, so the active sub wont work !, But the stereo should without that.

All the stereo needs to work is

Ignition Live

Perminant Live

Ground

then Speakers connecting

all the other wires are for extra stuff (dim lights, mute for mobile etc etc...)

does the stereo work atall !??

nah theres no power at all to the stereo (does nt light up or make any noise) will i need a adapter for the arial??

well i would'nt worry about the amp yet then, you need to get stereo on before you worry about that !.

just wondering were abouts is te cheapest place to buy a Fascia for the mk2 rev 1?? just needs to be tidyed up a bit now

cheers again warren!!