Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Considering A Turbo, Advice Required

em_ar_two

been looking at a turbo yesterday and wondering wether its worth the change from my gt, i think its a bit over priced but then again it is from a dealers so probably bout right, but its a 92 j plate mr2 turbo same blue as mine, its standard apart from a turbo timer, lowered on coilovers with adjustable dampening all round, big fat juicy back box and a luvly set of 16 inch ssr alloys they look like light weight racing type and are really fat, its a fresh import with jap history, just had belt done, has covered 72k uk miles and he's asking 4k for it

basicly wanna know if its over priced and even if its worth me chaging from mine, are turbo's any good, are they reliable as an everyday car

i paid less than 3k for mine, 93 k tubby in black, no uk history but jap history, (like i can read japanese anyway!) had it all hpi checked though and came back fine. ask them if thats a price with a trade in. for 4k i would want a rev3 tbh. but your getting some expensive goodies effectivly for free, alloys exhaust turbo timer (<--sign of a careful owner?) as much as these things dont really add value if you are planning on getting them its wortht he saving, i basicly got £1800 of aftermarket things with mine, cd player alarm 17" alloys etc.

Being a dealer that price would be expected, but i'd be more inclined to go for a rev3 at that price.... have you checked out Rash on these forums?

He sells minters for that price, and usually cheaper, might be worth a look!

-Z

I'm looking hard for a tubby too, and won't pay over 3k for a Rev 2. I'd pay 4k tops for a Rev 3. But that's my budget in the long run (still saving)! Both of whcih would have to have under 70K miles on the clock.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links