Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Troubles

K19NE G

Okay, I got into the car yesterday and started it up and the 'TRC off', 'VSC' and engine management lights are staying on :( I think I read about this somewhere before and I tried to reset it by turning the car off and on again, but to no effect!

I only noticed a 'Made in Britain' sticker in the top left of the windscreen yesterday also!!!! No wonder so many little faults! I thought all the facelift models were made in Japan!?

One last thing.... and it may seem obvious - will I have to take the K&N induction kit off before taking the car back to Toyota for warranty repairs? I know it's not a OEM item, but it's unrelated to any of the problems I've had.

Cheers :ph34r:

One last thing.... and it may seem obvious - will I have to take the K&N induction kit off before taking the car back to Toyota for warranty repairs? I know it's not a OEM item, but it's unrelated to any of the problems I've had.

Cheers  :ph34r:

To be honest I would take it off and put the original air box back on, they'll find anyway possible of getting out of a claim if they can, even though it may not be a related problem.

:thumbsup:

even if is not related to the problem they could put it in toyota database , so every other toyota dealer knows you have a part fitted on your car that is not orginal toyota parts.

Ps:i always knew the facelift is not as improve as other have made out to be once again i will said it again it is the same car facelift or no facelift

Yeah it must be a myth that the facelift ones were going to be made in Japan!!! :censor:

I've been shot down on this forum before for saying this but from my experiance of running (and looking after other peoples) older Jap cars (Honda, Toyota etc.); the ones built outside Japan are not as good as those that have been asembled in Japan. I'm not slating other countries workforce (and I am sure working practices are the same across world) but I stand by my words as someone who runs older cars.

I know Jap cars are rust buckets but mechanically the ones built in the 70's and 80's were (and still are) utterly reliable, plus they are quite easy to work on when required ...it appears nearly everything is put together with a 10mm spanner :lol:

K19NE G

Oh do please take off your none standard filter before it goes in (as others have said). :yes:

Dealers are absolute b***ers these days (and not just Toyota, all of 'em) and will use any excuse to bounce fault back at you, even though as we all know it's not related. :ffs:

K19NE G

Oh do please take off your none standard filter before it goes in (as others have said). :yes:

Dealers are absolute b***ers these days (and not just Toyota, all of 'em) and will  use any excuse to bounce fault back at you, even though as we all know it's not related. :ffs:

Don't worry I will - won't give them any excuses not to do the work as it's bad enough I didn't buy the car direct from them! I'll have to 'omit' some of my posts though when I print them out if I need to show the dealer proof that there are certain problems that are well documented in Toyota owner circles!

Oh and anyone got any idea why those warning lights are staying on???? i.e. has it happened anyone before?

I've been shot down on this forum before for saying this but from my experiance of running (and looking after other peoples) older Jap cars (Honda, Toyota etc.); the ones built outside Japan are not as good as those that have been asembled in Japan. I'm not slating other countries workforce (and I am sure working practices are the same across world) but I stand by my words as someone who runs older cars.

I know Jap cars are rust buckets but mechanically the ones built in the 70's and 80's were (and still are) utterly reliable, plus they are quite easy to work on when required ...it appears nearly everything is put together with a 10mm spanner :lol:

Yeah I found this to be true with my Suzuki Swift and Glanza V!!! :thumbsup:

i was one of the people on here spreading myth about facelift are going to be bulit in japan so i will APOLOGIZE for that,i got the information from the toyota dealer i purchese my car from at the time of the facelift only been out for days and other memeber's at the time were told the same,i no longer use that dealer cos all they do is put on a smile and never bother to fixed my car properly.

K19NE G it doesn't matter you didn't buy the car from toyota dealer's it is still made by toyota GB wont made any different where you purchese from unless is outside EU.

so when you go in toyota asking for warranty works to be carry out ,hold your head up high and show them you have every right being here to have your car repair under warranty.

my dash light up like chrismas tree once that was the first week i own the car i just did what everyone else did,switch the engine off and start again all lights went out and this problem never came back again.

Twincam.GTi i agree with you totaly the 80s and 90s japanese cars made in japan are bullet proof.i own a mitsubisi colt gti (92 onward shape) for 11 years from new only replace one clutch, 3 backbox,3 middle pipe,one pair of brake disc's,one down pipe, water pump and once ecu need to be reset the engine was lock and nothing else.i can honestly say i had 11 happy years owning the mitsubishi i was 17 when i had the car from new :D happy days

you olso can see at the Chassisnumber where the car is manufactoryed

Mine is build in GB my letters from my chassinumber begins with SB .

The Cars that made in Japan are beginning with JA

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links